Hot air balloon

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
The pilot decided not to touch down on the farmers crop or the big old blunderbuss would blow a big hole so it was Burners back on !

rapeseedballoon.jpg

Nice shot.

I'd crop out some of the foreground and to the left of the balloon.

I have a picture that I took of a similar balloon that flew directly over our house when we lived in Hertfordshire back in 2003. Surely it can't be the exact same balloon?

dsc01091z.jpg

Last edited:
I think there may be a few of them Sitt, this one takes off from Stamford and goes locally with the flow. Your nice photo of the balloon looks as if it has more bulbous segments, maybe a design change from 6 years ago.

I think there may be a few of them Sitt, this one takes off from Stamford and goes locally with the flow. Your nice photo of the balloon looks as if it has more bulbous segments, maybe a design change from 6 years ago.

I think you could be correct about the design change and also the basket looks different too.

Surely it can't be the exact same balloon?

dsc01091z.jpg

All of these balloons need to have a registration number, just like cars and planes. All GB registered aircraft start G-xxxx. Your 'old' balloon is G-KVSF, but I can't tell from the OP what the registration is as the image is too small. Check your original image if you want to be sure!

Blimey I keep some wierd stuff in my head :help:

Back