Hot init

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys not been about much my humbles. silly time pressed........

a request....
would ya do my ickle beasties a simple favour.pop a shallow bowl of water out front an back of your gaff tonight......see in times of extremes,that lets face it, are caused by us (we do own this.heat) .... a drink can and will save lives

A couple of bowls of water will take ya mins but it might well help someone you'll make an image of later.is that a bigger carrot ?

cause we are togs an ya want a piccy an older image sure beasties were worked with, but water was the primer...................mind wildlife toggin isn't point and shoot it's an engagement of soul

help our little mates out guys

a couple of bowls of water (y)

I'm soz it's a piccy some of you know already I have no time to process something else.the image isn't important.the water right now is :(

_S2I4212cub drinking 1 smj DN by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care

stu

Guys not been about much my humbles. silly time pressed........

a request....
would ya do my ickle beasties a simple favour.pop a shallow bowl of water out front an back of your gaff tonight......see in times of extremes,that lets face it, are caused by us (we do own this.heat) .... a drink can and will save lives

A couple of bowls of water will take ya mins but it might well help someone you'll make an image of later.is that a bigger carrot ?

cause we are togs an ya want a piccy an older image sure beasties were worked with, but water was the primer...................mind wildlife toggin isn't point and shoot it's an engagement of soul

help our little mates out guys

a couple of bowls of water (y)

I'm soz it's a piccy some of you know already I have no time to process something else.the image isn't important.the water right now is :(

_S2I4212cub drinking 1 smj DN by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care

stu

:plus1:

Nice pond out back here, which I might just check and see if it needs topping up, as it's proper wild just now and can hardly be seen.

Two crows landed on our lawn this afternoon and walked round with their beaks open. They then drank from the pond..shallow end.The water there is,surpisingly, quite cool.A pidgeon sat on the fence..keeping a eye aloft and kept opening and closing its beak. We have a large pond with two cascades and a bird bath I keep topped up with cold water. Even our, now familiar, herring gull called by and went onto the bird bath and had a drink then cleaned its head or possibly cooled it..

As per Stu's request I'll now go and put out a bowl of water at the front. I hadn't thought of doing that and we have foxes around every night.

Edit:
Got the large dog bowl out of the garden shed. We used to have two Retrievers..separately.. and I thought the bowl would come in useful if any friends visited who brought their dog. It has 'Dog' written on it so I've put a sticky label over it and written 'Fox-Hedgehog' :D

Last edited:
Beautiful. Chris Packham has a #foxoftheday on instagram and twitter. You should enter!

There are a lot of great pictures posted on here, but to me, that one tops the list by a mile :)

Folks thanks for the above.truely thank you it's still hard out there................ and if enough of us do a bit it really will help it doesn't matter if we never know who got helped,but as a collective we will know betixt us all something got helped

dat's ok init.ha it's more than ok.

I'm clattered sideways so am on orders to sit a while and not do much...........so a wee tale...................We have been here maybe 30 years in our ickle country hovel.....it's a bit wild and unkempt our garden/s............in all that time we have never seen a hodge heg in our front garden. The same front garden foxy piccy was made in.an I'm preddy sure that same shallow builders mortar tray is why little one is here. Yonks ago when we came here I planted trees,apples pear pums and a couple of cherries. Out front is a morello.tis a cooking cherry, it gives us more than we need so loads to share with beasties. hedgey hog I think is stuffing it's face on fruit fly larvea, can't really see it eating fallen cherries but who knows? but can see it feeding of tiny thiings stuffing them selves on fallen cherries.

Now most of the time for some unknown reason I seem to get on with beasties,hodge heg not so much.....................I was forced to go into a horrible place,it's called a town to buy hog grub.spared no expense.hog says stuff that..here ya go mate snuffles runs off.

Sat morn a bloody terrier is trying to eat snuffles..............so at great personal risk to life an limb snuffles gets rescued I don't hold it aginst the terrier it's forefathers were reared by a parson.they have issues long standing issues :LOL: :exit: .I make snuffles a safe cool bed...snuffle says sod that and leaves.

See there is no happy ending in all this ( prickly B it is) bar the fact last night snuffles was still here and if this continues sooner or later I'm gonna steal the damn thing's soul

ahh the joy of it all.little things guys.the little things cherish 'em

Gez/Steve,from your post counts you are newer here.? Thanks for the lovely words both....if you go back a bit on this section and look for a thread called "to catch a fox" you will find a bit more detail on my madness and how that piccy came about. It was in lockdown and honestly I didn't think it was possible to make such frames with tiny continuous lights in the depths of night ..but I had time and this wonderful chance so dug in a while . If I recollect took me a month of nights to press a shutter. It was a fantastic learning curve guys...I think ya probably have to be slightly tapped to be a wiild life tog but then that's ok in it ;)

thanks guys

I hadn't seen this before so I'm glad it got a bump up. It's a great picture Stewart. Well done, I hope you're proud of it :D

Back