Hotmail

Doc

Edit My Images
No
Can anybody offer explanation/remedy (idiots guide type!!) for the following problem:-

I have 3 e-mail accounts Virgin Media, Gmail, and hotmail

I have 3 friends who have Hotmail and for many years they received my e-mails from any of my accounts, couple of years ago 2 of them couldn't receive any of my e-mails so they changed to Gmail and all is OK - other friend no problem sending e-mails to his Hotmail address during this period, until today when mail from any of my accounts are returned - he said he receives mail from other people but not me - all other mail to my friends various accounts are unaffected.

I investigated this very thing several months ago and here's the outcome.

There is a specific protocol for emails and Gmail decided that it would start to reject (or delay) any emails that didn't fulfill the protocol to the letter......Hotmail being one of the "post offices" that left some fields blank. It seems that Hotmail didn't like Gmail's finicky approach (and possible client grabbing) so they randomly return/delay incoming mails from Gmail.

I’ve had problems in the past with btinternet.com addresses rejecting gmail. I would swap to a different gmail address for a time and then that would be rejected, but swapping back to the first gmail address was accepted. No idea what was going on. These were mails to multiple people but genuine correspondence and not spam and not containing any possibly dodgy wording. In fact they were mostly nearly identical mundane wording about forthcoming events :( .

Reactions: Doc
Back