Hotshoe Plastic Bits

Edit My Images
No
Just a quick one ...

Does anyone have a spare plastic bit that covers the contacts on your camera's hotshoe?

Took mine off the other day to stick a flash on, and I've lost it!!!!

Happy to pay postage costs ;)

Cheers.

Anth

[hijack]
I had a bit of a panic not so long ago as I had put mine somewhere but couldn't for the life of me find it. e-bay to the rescue I thought... My wife tells me I was unconscious for about two hours after I'd seen the price for a replacement - 6 quid, for a teeny bit of plastic! Good grief.
[/hijack]

There's one on my Canon A1 which is staying on it to keep it complete and mint, but in all honesty I can't see much point in the things at all. ;)

Canon A1 - the old fab film camera?

Reminds me of an annoying story as a late teen, while still at school doing A-levels, I lusted for an A1 and bought a Chinon instead for £120 (funds more than tight).

Then a lad who'd left school early called in to ask my opinion about a camera he'd just bought from a mate of his who was in financial difficulty - yep - a Canon A1 and 3 lenses in a case - for £50!!! He had no interest in photography, but thought he'd have a go now - just wanted my opinion as to if he'd wasted his £50 or not!

Still not really recovered from the injustice!

They seem utterly pointless to me, I would neither panic about having lost it, nor bother with a replacement.

From what I can tell they only tend to be supplied with the cheaper D-SLRs anyway, I'm guessing the theory being that the owners of these cameras are less likely to be using an external flash and so the bit of plastic pretties the camera up a bit. i.e. pointless.

LOL - no probs then, nowt to worry about!!!

It was for my D50, but to be honest I have external flash gun on there a lot - just wondered if anyone had one going spare.

Cheers.

Anth,

Back