Houghton House, Bedfordshire

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, on my quest to become more than a beginner to photography I went out this weekend to this old house. What I wanted was to try and compose my shots better and use my manual mode on my camera to see if instead of burst firing hundreds of shots off and hopefully getting a good one, I could actually compose the shots and set my camera to the correct exposures and pull of some good stuff.
Like I said I'm still very much a beginner so all helpful criticism will be gratefully received :D

7199101642_3fd5e44062_b.jpg

7199137178_3a9ddba8e7_b.jpg

7199130652_c4b7aa91e4_c.jpg

7199110302_3920d34408_c.jpg

7199117372_5c9af8d41b_c.jpg

I like your compositions looking through the structure. Nice effect...

As a rule, I think increasing the contrast and/or clipping the blacks may help on all the shots and would also help with the apparent saturation too.

Did you get any shots of inside the structure? You can also change the type of metering you use to compensate for overcasting shadows, especially indoors where light bleeds through which can skew the metering results.

I like your compositions looking through the structure. Nice effect...

As a rule, I think increasing the contrast and/or clipping the blacks may help on all the shots and would also help with the apparent saturation too.

Thanks. Could you elaborate more on the processing side or even show me using my pictures just so I can get an idea ? :D

Did you get any shots of inside the structure? You can also change the type of metering you use to compensate for overcasting shadows, especially indoors where light bleeds through which can skew the metering results.

Thanks for the info, I didn't take any of the interior as I found it hard to compose an interesting picture. I know you can change the metering type on the camera and that's one thing I really am struggling to get my head around is there any tips you can give me with this ? :D

I thought they are great shots apart from the first needing the verticals attending to.

I thought they are great shots apart from the first needing the verticals attending to.

Thank you :)

And thanks to all who have given constructive crit much apprciated.

Back