House keys

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Hi all. So this is the very first picture I'm sharing with you all. Be as harsh as you want with criticism - I can take it!

This is my first camera which isn't a phone too and this was one of the first pictures I took when playing about with Macro mode. The camera in question is a Fuji S8100fd bridge camera so no fancy lenses etc for me. If I get good enough then I will def splash out on a DSLR.

Anyways, here's the pic in question.

DSCF0313.jpg

WB is a technical thing but can make a picture cold and meaningless too - like in the edit! First pic is warm and welcoming - like a home should be - depends what you're trying to say with the picture.

The keys are all gold in colour and it was taken on top of a golden brown desk surface - all of which obviously add to the warm golden look of the whole picture. As said previously, the edit makes it look cold and meaningless which wasn't really what I was going for. Thank you for the edit anyway!

Any suggestions as to how I could improve on this? I like the idea of macro and I want to retake this photo with some improvements that you guys and gals can suggest.

Edit... I forgot to say thank you for all your replies!

WB is clearly closer to natural in the original. Although it is 'too warm' it's not hugely so, and can be used to create mood as suggested.

Suggestions for a re-shoot? Show more of the key, get low, show the head of the key, and the rest going OOF.. Off the top of my head. Put the key in someone's hand? I don't do much / any macro, but the good stuff seems to be that which shows things out of the ordinary.

IE. One is used to seeing small things.. keys, spiders, flowers (anymore macro cliches?) from above, get down to their level, show us something we don't see walking to the front door each day.

:)

Jamie.

WB is clearly closer to natural in the original. Although it is 'too warm' it's not hugely so, and can be used to create mood as suggested.

Suggestions for a re-shoot? Show more of the key, get low, show the head of the key, and the rest going OOF.. Off the top of my head. Put the key in someone's hand? I don't do much / any macro, but the good stuff seems to be that which shows things out of the ordinary.

IE. One is used to seeing small things.. keys, spiders, flowers (anymore macro cliches?) from above, get down to their level, show us something we don't see walking to the front door each day.

:)

Jamie.

Great advice mate, thank you. I'm off on a search for some macro inspiration... report back soon!

Back