House Martins feeding their young - UPDATED 29th June

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
But I thought I'd share them anyway...

The nest is hidden right under the eaves of the house, so I was at ISO 800 at full stretch with the 70-200 + 2x converter on, and it's not long enough :bang::help:

Anyway, here they are:

1. Where's mum, I'm starving!!
swallowbaby.jpg

2. Me first, me first, me first!
feeding2.jpg

3. nom nom nom nom :D
feedingtime.jpg

No crit required, I know they're not great, but I feel quite lucky to have a nest on the house, so I thought I share :)

Last edited:
Not great? They are superb, Matty! (y) Its great to see the action there, but there is nothing wrong technically with the pictures either.

Hehe i love number 1. great eyebrows :D

I think they're house martins by the way :)

Lovely shots Matty :D They are House Martins though hun ;)

am I the only one now singing Housemartins songs in my head? "Every women, every man, join the caravan...."

*ahem*

lovely shots too Matty :) me knowing nothing about birds and nesting too - how the heck do them little ones get out of the nest eventually? looks a bit of a squeeze!

great shots

every mouthful of that nest carefuly spat out by Mam or Dad phtewee

am I the only one now singing Housemartins songs in my head? "Every women, every man, join the caravan...."

*ahem*

lovely shots too Matty :) me knowing nothing about birds and nesting too - how the heck do them little ones get out of the nest eventually? looks a bit of a squeeze!

Whats more mindboggling is how do mum & dad get IN there! :LOL:

And I've never heard that song :p

I'm really happy that these have got a positive reaction, so thanks very much everyone :)

Used to have bats in our loft - Bit harder to get a photo of :D

*ahem*

lovely shots too Matty :) me knowing nothing about birds and nesting too -
how the heck do them little ones get out of the nest eventually? looks a bit of a squeeze!

Exactly my thoughts! :thinking: How?

Really fab shots!!!!!!!

These are all excellent Matty ... (y) ... and the latest additions make a great on-going story ... ;)

:p

Back