Hovercraft TOG Meet: May 2012

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
No
Had a great day out at the Hovercraft Museum in Lee-on-the-Solent today.
Great weather and great to meet some more forum members in person.
These are 6 of my favourite shots from the day, Feel free to add your shots to guys.
And yes I know most are macro, as that is my preferred style. But I doubt the others went my route, hence them being here and not macro/close up.

IMG_8596 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

IMG_8609 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

IMG_8621 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

IMG_8629 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

IMG_8636 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

IMG_8637 by Gareth Davies, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice set Gareth........you got more than you thought I see!

A few of mine:

The Princess Margaret by Keith Burton, on Flickr

The Princess Margaret by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Static displays inside hovercraft load area by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Hovercraft reflection in lorry windscreen by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Getting the shot by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Covering all the angles by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Thanks for looking......more on my Flikr if anyone is interested. Thanks again to Trev for organising the day and driving the cherry-picker(y)

Great set Simon.......really like the shot from the rear of the hovercraft taken from the cherry-picker.

Good to meet you on the day as well. Just had a look through your Flikr and I see we go shooting in a lot of the same places. I've added you as a contact, hope you don't mind.

Your stuff from Dungeness on Flikr is particularly good. :)

Great set Simon.......really like the shot from the rear of the hovercraft taken from the cherry-picker.

Good to meet you on the day as well. Just had a look through your Flikr and I see we go shooting in a lot of the same places. I've added you as a contact, hope you don't mind.

Your stuff from Dungeness on Flikr is particularly good. :)

Thanks Keith. Looks like we do visit quite a few similar places :)

Added you as a contact too. Was a good day all round and really good to finally meet up with a few of you guys from this forum.

shame i missed this, would have been nice to meet up with you guys & say hello (y)

hopefully we'll be getting some better weather from now on which should lead to more opportunities :naughty:

Cracking set Trev........I remember the manoevering you had to do to get that first shot!

I wasn't nervous at all :eek:

Gareth
A nice set there. The best I think is no 1 there is just something about it but I don’t know what.
Closely followed by no 5.

Keith
You have got some vibrant colours in some of yours the inside shot turned out really well.
The shot of us in the cherry picker makes the prom look really huge.

Simon
Like your 1st shot was that with a 70-200mm you got a lot more in than I thought you would. no 2 I found that little room but couldn’t get the PP done on it as I wanted I might have another go after looking as yours.

Simon
Like your 1st shot was that with a 70-200mm you got a lot more in than I thought you would. no 2 I found that little room but couldn’t get the PP done on it as I wanted I might have another go after looking as yours.

Trev,

Yeah i just about squeezed that in at the 70mm end. Regretted not having my 24-70 with me which would have been a more sensible choice, but was quite pleased with how that came out, it was more or less as I'd visualized it.

Took me several goes on the pp of that electrical room but finally got something i was reasonably pleased with.

Really love your second shot, just a great angle

Last edited:
Back