Hoverfly

Absolutely superb as always, the detail in #2 is unbeleivable

spike

Lovely - didn't expect them either! Was expecting "re-edit from summer.." or some sort.

Absolutely superb as always, the detail in #2 is unbeleivable

spike

(y)

great pictures, any chance of some details of your set up?

Thanks these were taken with a 5D MK II using a MP-E65mm macro lens.

ISO 200
F16
1/160

Flash MT24-EX with homemade diffusers

Lovely - didn't expect them either! Was expecting "re-edit from summer.." or some sort.

Thanks Ash - took me by surprise also

Amazing photo, really inspires me to get a half decent macro lens!

:)

absolutely amazing detail!

How long do you have to get the shot ready before it flies off? I always seem to struggle getting good macro shots of insects as I just don't seem fast enough in my focusing etc.

You have an EOS 5D Mk 3, when did you get it

Ive seen a few of your shots on TP now Paul and these are amazing as are the rest Ive seen. :clap:

The detail in the hoverfly is stunning. (nice spot BTW)

I have not tried true macro yet (one day), to me it seems to open up a completely different world, one you don't see on a day to day basics.

Remarkable stuff. (y)

Just had to comment on your photos, absolutely stunning. :clap:

Excellent shots Paul, something to be proud of, I know I would be.

Thanks to all for the comments :)

absolutely amazing detail!

How long do you have to get the shot ready before it flies off? I always seem to struggle getting good macro shots of insects as I just don't seem fast enough in my focusing etc.

Thanks - Try earlier or later in the day when the temperature is lower and bugs are quieter, also don't move quickly , try not to put the bug in shadow or touch what ever they are resting on. Also don't chase things - if you sit quietly in an area where flys are they will come close and can be quite tolerable- i also use manual focus.

You have an EOS 5D Mk 3, when did you get it

:p

Ive seen a few of your shots on TP now Paul and these are amazing as are the rest Ive seen. :clap:

The detail in the hoverfly is stunning. (nice spot BTW)

I have not tried true macro yet (one day), to me it seems to open up a completely different world, one you don't see on a day to day basics.

Remarkable stuff. (y)

Thanks for the kind words :) - Macro certainly opens your eyes to... a world of little characters with amazing colours, intricate and delicate in their design, not always beautiful but always purposeful in their appearance and movement.Through the lens, recognition from the subject brings a sense of respect to its viewer. Without this parallel world, our very own would struggle to exist..... as descried by my brother (Photopainter) who also posts on TP

(y)

Thanks these were taken with a 5D MK II using a MP-E65mm macro lens.

ISO 200
F16
1/160

Flash MT24-EX with homemade diffusers

Thanks Ash - took me by surprise also

:)

This is absolutely fantastic - I have been considering getting the mpe-65 with the mt 24 flash, and now I am SO tempted! Absolutely stunning photos - does the lens take a while to get used to? And is it difficult to make your own diffuser for the flash heads / is it possible to buy one that's as effective?

I'll have to do some looking around :).

Great pictures!! Input would be appreciated :)

An early merry christmas to you all.

Wow he 2 photo's are brilliant but the second's detail blows me away. Lovely shot!
:clap:

Back