How annoying

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Oh the frustration
I spend about 6 months convering this
5A448416-C461-4927-B635-3B1F5462EC46 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150639903@N08/, on Flickr

I completed the conversion about 2 weeks before lockdown , I am currently on holiday sitting in my front room , AAaaaRRRR :crying:

Was a 17 seat minibus now a 2 birth camper with a full size double bed 6ft 3' x 4ft 6'
Fixed table and seating , and a kitchen pod , 2 burner, and sink, 12volt coolbox

I won't block the forum with images of the inside unless anyone wants a peek :giggle:

Last edited:
Don't laugh I even made the curtains , Yes me sitting using a sewing machine for the first time ever :LOL:

Looks good from the outside. No shower or toilet? I would have loved a camper, but I would never have the time to use one.

Looks good from the outside. No shower or toilet? I would have loved a camper, but I would never have the time to use one.

No shower as I can do a wash down with a flanel or stay on a site that has full facilities , I do have a porta potty for EMERGENCY use only o_O

I always wanted a camper, and I thought I would get one, when I retired or went part time. Change in lifestyle meant I could no longer have a camper. I still love looking at campers though. :)

I am pleased with it , half the work was done by the original conversion company , It's full insulated and lined with as you can see dual overhead lockers , It has tons of storage under the duble bed as well , 4 dual intensity LED lights in the rear part of the van , Also a 4 speaker radio CD , soon to be change fo a Ipod radio unit I allready have , I am very happy with it apart from not being able to use it , Oh the pain :confused:

On tour busses, the fairly strict rule is NO SOLIDS!!!

That just won't work , If you have to go you have to go or it could get very messy o_O

No pool?

Not to the expense, but guess who bought a 4k drone for video?

No pool?

Not to the expense, but guess who bought a 4k drone for video?

Now then let me think , Would it be umm arr umm Ken ?

Ree the pool , only when the sink if full :p

We started ours a few weeks ago, started off a completely standard Citroen relay. We stripped out all the old plywood and started the wall insulation using celotex, recycled plastic wool and foil bubble wrap. Got one side done, and most of the other.
Now run out of materials and can’t get anymore. Grr.

I was looking to buy a Transit to convert when this all put a stop to it.

Thinking about it though, after it's all over I might get a connect instead. It has to be my main transport as well and I only really need a tent on wheels.

Nice job BTW.

Last edited:
A chap down the road seems to be self isolating in a camper - or is living in it while someone else in the house is isolating. Thought about getting one a couple of years ago but after talking to friends who have done a LOT of travelling in an assortment, decided that a mobile home would be a far better idea but too limiting as a runabout at a destination so a scooter would be needed on the back. Would love a converted coach with a garage for a small car but can't really justify one at the moment...

Back