How big's your willy this weekend 30/10/10

Nopw got a 12 bout boxing event on friday night.. kids to adults.. aba stuff.. done on spec but one local paper interested and can put pics on website...

sundays still free though :(

From what you've told me I think your missing a trick or two from some of these jobs. (y)

From what you've told me I think your missing a trick or two from some of these jobs. (y)

I havent really done boxing before. Just the one charity event.... this is organised by local boxing clubs so its a foot in the door event for me and all for me .. no one else taking pics.. not had any decent ones done before.. i reckon i might do OK :)

I havent really done boxing before. Just the one charity event.... this is organised by local boxing clubs so its a foot in the door event for me and all for me .. no one else taking pics.. not had any decent ones done before.. i reckon i might do OK :)

PM me if you need any advice on covering these. Laptop with monitor,dye sub printer and an assistant is all you need.

PM me if you need any advice on covering these. Laptop with monitor,dye sub printer and an assistant is all you need.

Covered Yorkshire finals tonight Tony, 15 Bouts, I had a studio set up for fighters to have photos done with Coach, Mum, Dad and uncle Tom Cobley ....Good nights work and images of fights to be put up on website in next few days.....Potentially a few more sales.

Shot with MKIV and 50mm 1.2 and had another body 5D2/ 24-105mm with flash to cover decision at the end of each fight. ISO 3200 1/400 -1/500TH sec f/1.8-2.0

I find the lighting to be a major factor so a bit of pre-shoot homework will pay dividends.

I had a second shooter doing the studio stuff with daughter printing for me ...9x6's and also 12x8's

Another great function on the MKIV that I also used was the single button push to change focus points..main one set just outside the centre of the viewfinder to the left and the secondary focus point just outside to the right, and switch as necesary .... AI Servo selected with the sensitivity down to slow...

Be great if they let you shoot flash but I've only have that luxury once at a white collar boxing job.

Last edited:
Sat: To be decided
Sun: Bolton v Liverpool
Mon: Blackpool v WBA maybe
Tues: Rochdale v Oldham maybe
Weds: Fly out to Krakow, Poland
Thurs: Train to Poznan and Lech Poznan v Man City
Fri: Fly home

International willy of the week

The maybes are because I haven't had November's work through yet!

Ahhhh!! You are going to see Man City vs Lech Poznan!! :) Its going to be a great game. I am a Lech Poznan supporter! :D I cant go to see the game though, because of School :(

Covered Yorkshire finals tonight Tony, 15 Bouts

Mines a massivly smaller event.. 12 bouts but not big organisation and not even a dedicated boxing place...

I find the lighting to be a major factor so a bit of pre-shoot homework will pay dividends.

Same for any event really if possible... this is all last minute sorted for me.. gonna get there mega early and sort out lighting..

Another great function on the MKIV that I also used was the single button push to change focus points.

One of the first things I setup with my mkIV ten months ago :)

I am one man band so I ahve never done print on site.. if I had an event where it could be used then I could possibly get setup.. snapzz would be getting a call.. depends what this one is like tonight.. see what the calander is and if it looks like a goer

CHEERS :)

I am one man band so I ahve never done print on site.. if I had an event where it could be used then I could possibly get setup.. snapzz would be getting a call.. depends what this one is like tonight.. see what the calander is and if it looks like a goer

CHEERS :)

TBH you dont really need a printer as you only sell the odd print or two. CD's are the best seller and 12 bouts = potential £480!

TBH you dont really need a printer as you only sell the odd print or two. CD's are the best seller and 12 bouts = potential £480!

you burn cds on the night?

Ahhhh!! You are going to see Man City vs Lech Poznan!! :) Its going to be a great game. I am a Lech Poznan supporter! :D I cant go to see the game though, because of School :(

Yep I can't wait!! Is the Poznan stadium redevelopment finished yet? It'll be good to get some shots with euro 2012 around the corner! Did you come up to Manchester for the match the other week?

If someone gets a copy of the Northern Echo in the Sun/Mon could you keep an eye out for any coverage of the Dagenham v Hartlepool match. There should be a piccy in there fingers crossed. Ta.

Well done Andy, i got half a page accrington v cheltenham goal in todays SUN.
And Liverpool goal in Sun (think)

Well I had a great weekend. Small PR job just down the road from Grimsby's ground at a toy store. Fell just right as I had a commission from Non-League paper for Grimsby v Eastbourne who ran two of my pics. As I live in Grimsby I was able to leave straight after the game and edit and send images from home.

On Sunday I covered the Worksop half marathon and as the clocks went back ment I didnt have to get up at stupid o'clock. Back home by 2.30 for late lunch (y)

Top part of the centre pages of The Rugby Paper for me this week, which was good..

massive weekend for me wiht sunday off.. boxing event went great friday night and the local papers paid a me a shift after the event when they realised what I got.. ie a wide range of boxers from around the region so can be used in a few greater manchester papers.. easier for them to pay a shift then per pic... Same with MMA sat night which made it a double pay from event pics people and paper

sold junior footy to paper from sat morning and did accy game sat afternoon for 2 papers...

should ahve quite a lot published but i wont see most of it...

oh and not exactly sunday off with all the pics to process... still doing...

Last edited:
Now got a 12 bout boxing event on friday night.. kids to adults.. aba stuff.. done on spec but one local paper interested and can put pics on website...

Some Boxing from Frin and Cage fighting from Sat on same page...They gone a bit iffy with crops as per..
boxing_and_mma_web.jpg

Very nice to see the end result.

I'm perturbed by the picture on the lower left. What exactly is going on, and are you sure you were at a cage fighting match and not at a local cottaging spot :D.

Yep I can't wait!! Is the Poznan stadium redevelopment finished yet? It'll be good to get some shots with euro 2012 around the corner! Did you come up to Manchester for the match the other week?
Yea the redevelopment has been finished. Its a lovely ground now. And no, unfortunately I could not get up to manchester. There was restrictions on the tickets (60 loyal points with Man City were needed).

Bart

Yea the redevelopment has been finished. Its a lovely ground now. And no, unfortunately I could not get up to manchester. There was restrictions on the tickets (60 loyal points with Man City were needed).

Bart

It was indeed a lovely stadium.. despite me being incredibly rushed for time, I enjoyed it.. a few beers, a missed train and a heavy bag meant I arrived pitch side 6 minutes before kick off. Couldn't have timed it better considering I'd travelled from Krakow :LOL:

Roll on Euro 2012.. :)

It was indeed a lovely stadium.. despite me being incredibly rushed for time, I enjoyed it.. a few beers, a missed train and a heavy bag meant I arrived pitch side 6 minutes before kick off. Couldn't have timed it better considering I'd travelled from Krakow

Roll on Euro 2012..

I am VERY happy that Lech Poznan won. I was jumping around like a mad child around the house screaming after each goal. It was a big thing for the club and its fans! :D

Back