How Busy?

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Well it's been a while since I managed to log on to anything with enough speed to do anything other than pick up my emails: been over in Afghanistan (Op HERRICK) working at Kandahar helping set up the Combat Camera Teams there - in future this will be a 3-month posting for Army photographers instead of the 6-month Tours that other major units have to endure.
In Iraq (Op TELIC) we'll use the Royal Navy and RAF photographers as it's deemed less dangerous out on the ground - besides which they didn't sign on to march around the desert with a bunch of hairy Paras getting shot at - I know I'd feel peeved if someone told me I had to spend 6-months on HMS Ocean or something...
I'm now back in Germany for three weeks before I go to Iraq again (this time for 6-months) so I'll be missing the summer here which is a real pain - by the time I get back it'll be snowing again - not good as I just ordered a new car.
Those of you who know me will remember I put down a deposit on a BMW 335i M-Sport Coupe before Xmas. Well something else caught my eye and I cancelled that.
We qualify for tax-free car sales through the US Armed forces PX while here in Germany and I was loitering with intent and noticed that they'd brought out a new limited edition Ford Mustang 'Bullitt' - 7700 units to be built - 30 of which were allocated to servicemen overseas. To get one you had to put your name into a lottery draw. So I thought why not?
And I won. My Mustang was built last monday and will ship out next week. I'll have to wait til I'm on leave to see it in August, when I put it into the German dealer who will do the European conversion (tail-lights, indicators etc) and will put on the Roush Supercharger I've ordered which will push the power output from 315bhp to about 450bhp. Good thing about the Roush is that it's covered by Ford's 3-year warranty if done by an authorised dealer, which this guy is.
I feel a run to the sun looming in December...

Here's a short clip of it making smokey noises...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1287043167/bctid1294526637

As to Photography, I managed to do some OK stuff down in Bavaria this month and I'll pop a few up later on today...

Good to see you back Rob, now get some pictures up.

....a new limited edition Ford Mustang 'Bullitt'............put on the Roush Supercharger........315bhp to about 450bhp.

Oh my! What's going to be more dangerous - Iraq/Afghanistan or Arkady in 450bhp monster? :eek: :eek:

Good to see you back and take care in Iraq.

I'm willing to look after the car for you and have it run in for when you get back. :)

Heeeey Rob! :wave:
Really cool to hear youve been back where its at ... and left those carboots behind! ;)

Congrats on the win ... how cool is that!
Looks like a great set of wheels for you to play with ..
Im guessing youre going to be feeling like your 'eighteen with a Bullit!' ok Ill :coat:

Glad to see your safe (y)
I am looking forward to seeing more of you work and of course enjoy the car :D

Wahey. Nice to see you safe and sound. I've been missing your shots. Still reeling over that last set you posted :D

By the time you get it back to UK there will bo no petrol left to put in it :)

Hey Rob!" I was just wondering about you the other day - thinking you'd been a bit quiet! Glad you've been getting some action again anyway, and as for that car, well.....watch out ladies! ;)

good to see you again Rob, nice win with the mustang!

:wave: About bloody time you popped up Rob (ooh err!). Myself and a certain young lady (J L S G ;)) were only saying the other day that we hadn't heard from you in a while :shrug: Glad to hear you're safe and well :) Congrats on the Mustang mate :eek: Hope to get to see it one day :D Take care, see you soon - Paul

I went for the Dark Highland Green option as opposed to Black - these are the two options available on the Bullitt...
Take delivery in August when I'm back for two weeks leave...actually get to drive it in December...lol

Back