How can i tell if this will fit?

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
looking at this lens, Sigma 135-400mm f/4.5-5.6 APO EOS fit and i have a canon 350d, will it fit? and is there a site where i can get info on lenses that fit.
cheers

If it's an EOS EF mount then it will fit. However, make sure that the lens is compatible with your body. The lens may need to be sent to Sigma for re-chipping, depending on how old it is, best check first.

hi
looking at this lens, Sigma 135-400mm f/4.5-5.6 APO EOS fit and i have a canon 350d, will it fit? and is there a site where i can get info on lenses that fit.
cheers
Unfortunately, this lens was produced in the time frame where some will work and some won't. The only sure way of knowing is to stick it on and see whether you get Err99 when you try to shoot.

Bob

:shrug:

can not help but.. hello boon hope your well (y)

md(y)

All EF / EOS fit lenses will fit the 350D.

However... older lenses, mostly Sigma may need rechipping to work. If you get Err99 errors it will need rechipping. Not all lenses can be rechipped.

All modern EF/EOS fit lenses work fine, including those from Sigma, Tamron, Tokina et al.

:shrug:

can not help but.. hello boon hope your well (y)

md(y)

hi md, i am very well thanks, hope you are too.

Thanks for the info guys, i have decided to buy the sigma AF 70-300 F4-5.6 APO DG Macro instead, now all i need to know is, can i buy a kenco or similar convertor to fit between the 2 of them.

All EF / EOS fit lenses will fit the 350D.

However... older lenses, mostly Sigma may need rechipping to work. If you get Err99 errors it will need rechipping. Not all lenses can be rechipped.

All modern EF/EOS fit lenses work fine, including those from Sigma, Tamron, Tokina et al.

Slight thread hijack: What is rechipping (is it exactly like it sounds - changing a chip in the lens, so that the electronic components work)? How much does this cost and is this a cost effective way to rejuvinate older lenses?
Are there any optical downsides to rechipping (I assume that the glass remains the same, so the +'s and -'s of the lens remain the same).

Please and thank you

The story is that Canon wouldn't give out the full secrets of the EF mount, leaving Sigma to reverse engineer it. Canon added extra features when they went digital that Sigma hadn't incorporated.

As I understand it, rechipping is bascially upgrading one of the chips on the pcb in the lens. Optically it doesn't change, nor does focussing motor.

If a lens can be rechipped it costs around £ 70 IIRC

hi md, i am very well thanks, hope you are too.

Thanks for the info guys, i have decided to buy the sigma AF 70-300 F4-5.6 APO DG Macro instead, now all i need to know is, can i buy a kenco or similar convertor to fit between the 2 of them.

It may fit but AF will be very slow and may not work at all. IQ will be degraded as well. Best thing to do is crop within photoshop.

The story is that Canon wouldn't give out the full secrets of the EF mount, leaving Sigma to reverse engineer it. Canon added extra features when they went digital that Sigma hadn't incorporated.

As I understand it, rechipping is bascially upgrading one of the chips on the pcb in the lens. Optically it doesn't change, nor does focussing motor.

If a lens can be rechipped it costs around £ 70 IIRC

I heard it was Sigma who wouldn't pay the license for the know how...so decided to reverse engineer it?? Theres a good chance I'm wrong mind you! :LOL:

In fact I have a older 90mm Tamron f/2.8 AF SP macro and an older 400mm Tokina f/5.6 ATX prime lens which I can and do use on all of my Canon bodies which range from the D60 through the 40D. I also have a relatively new Tokina 12-24mm f/4 ATX lens which I use on all of those bodies.

However, I have a nice 28mm Sigma f/1.8 which can only be used on my D60 and 10D cameras because Sigma has updated the lens and will not rechip a lens which is no longer in production.

IMO, buying a Sigma is taking a chance that they will not update that model lens before you want to buy a new Canon body.

Fool me once Sigma, shame on you! Fool me twice, Sigma, shame on me!

Back