How Damn Cool Is This?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Ex-missus was chatting to a friend of hers on MSN. This friend of hers is a member of a wolf sanctuary, where visitors not only get to see the wolves... but they also get to feed them, get to know them and... take them on walks!

Best of it is, I asked the ex to see if her friend would be interested in taking me along on one of her visits. Not a problem, apparently!

I'm really looking forward to this one - I read a book called 'Never Cry Wolf' by a guy Canadian naturalist called Farley Mowat when I was a kid, and the fact that I remember the title of the book is quite something in itself!

While the wolves there are accustomed to contact with humans, they are not (nor will they ever be) tame... I just hope that they're not camera-shy either! (y)

Got me chuffty badge on now! :)

This friend of the ex has a pic of the dominant female standing on her hind legs with her front paws on the friend's shoulders! Apparently one of the few rules is not to stroke their faces - stroking their flanks is fine!

I can't bloody wait!

Forbiddenbiker said:
Sounds very exciting, will make for some pet shots with a difference thats for sure. (y)

Rob'll be thrilled!

Sounds ace. Lookin forward to the shots...when are you going?

Not sure when it's gonna happen yet - they only have a few 'visits' per year. I'm really hoping that I've not got anything else booked up that day!

Where's this wolf sanctuary? I've always been fascinated by them!! :D

Catdaddy said:
Rob'll be thrilled!

Wont he just. :D He can't have seen this thread yet, either that or hes quietly fuming at your good luck.

I don't know if anybody saw that documentary last year on a pack of wolves, north America somewhere I think, it had special effects showing the boundaries between two packs etc, and followed the movements of various wolves for months and months...absolutely fascinating piece of filming...I'd love to watch it again but have no idea what it was called or who filmed it...

Anybody know by chance? …Rob?

Sounds like a unique experience, hope you get some great shots - looking foward to how this develops (y)

Sounds like a great opportunity...and if you are busy on the set day - I'll be free :D

Back