How did we ever manage without...........

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
After making my speciality pan of chicken broth tonight a thought came into my head, how did we ever manage without kitchen rolls and those squeezy bench cloths.
Then there's the non stick frying pan, can anyone remember when the eggs used to stick to the pan.
Also mobile phones, ring pull cans, email, and soon a generation will be asking how we ever managed without digital cameras.
Can you think of any more things we now take for granted which we would struggle without.

And could any of you manage without disposable nappies, mine were brought up on terry towel nappies, a lovely site to see a few dozen in brilliant white blowing in the wind on a sunny day:D
Not so nice before they were washed though.

Having 15 days of music at my fingertips. Being able to communicate instantly with people across the globe for free. There's so much really...

Edit: A biggie - it wasn't all that long ago that fridges were a scarcity. Imagine that!? I struggle...

aparently my parents didnt have a tv until i was about 5.......

so ive got some making up to do!

electric drills. how the hell did they cope with bit and braces...... also i only recently bought an cordless drill/driver, now i use it all the time, how did i cope before!!!!!! no more sore palms from using screwdrivers

i didnt like tea until i was 18 (ex girlfriend got me into it... ) now i cant go 3 hrs without a brew.... at my old job aparently my boss kept count and i peaked at 18 cups per day... (during working hours that is)

Me too. Thing is I'm too impatient to wait for the water to boil, then brew and cool off to drinking temperature.

Generally takes about ten mins. Then I forget about it and end up with stewed luke-warm tea. Bleugh.

t'internet
PDA
toaster

i didnt like tea until i was 18 (ex girlfriend got me into it... ) now i cant go 3 hrs without a brew.... at my old job aparently my boss kept count and i peaked at 18 cups per day... (during working hours that is)

I have drank it all my life. Best drink in the world :D Cue someone saying 'you havent had a pint yet' :D

i can manage without a mobile! they are the devils work :annoyed:

. . . and "non stick". Give me a heavy cast iron kitchen weapon any time.

Lipstick, hairdryer and Ozzie black stump ;)

i can manage without a mobile! they are the devils work :annoyed:

I manage quite nicely too and intend to continue to cope without one. Seeing so many people spend 24-7 on them amazes me. That and the numpties who decide to abide by the law and pull over in their cars to answer them, but see nothing wrong in stopping in deceleration or aceleration slip roads on dual carriageways.
Ban mobiles and we can all do without them.

Ban mobiles and we can all do without them.

Controversial! We can all do without them. But we can also all do without computers. And cameras for that matter. And cars. ;)

I mean, go back a little bit and people did without most things... But I guess that's the point of this thread :D

Back