How do I connect my strobe flash to DSLR?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have a strobe flash and I ordered the Nikon D3200 which is arriving tomorrow.

I have attached 3 pictures, one of the cameras ports. One of the strobe, and one of the cable I have that was given with the strobe for connecting to a camera.

But there is no port on the camera for connecting that connection, what do I need to do to make it work?

Many thanks in advance.

nikon-d3200-7.jpg

strobe flash by sparkzweb, on Flickr

strobe flashc able by sparkzweb, on Flickr

Many Thanks in advance!

1) Corded: get a hotshoe to sync cord adapter.

2) Cordless: stick some masking tape over the pop-up flash if you want to render it insignificant, & it'll still act as a light trigger for the studio unit.

This question would have been better in the lighting forum, but never mind...

The suggestions above are OK, but synch leads are notoriously unreliable and infra red triggers are last century's technology.

Just get a set of radio triggers instead - cheap, hassle free and reliable.

Could you give me a link to one of those Garry?
I'm unsure as to how to find that exactly

Thanks

The masking tape solution's a lot cheaper! Or you can use a cheap, small, s/h flash in the hotshoe & mask its output similarly ...

The radio triggers Gary is pointing you to are:
1X radio transmitter (thats the small one with the button) - it goes into the camera hotshoe.
The other parts are the radio receivers - you put your sync cable into one of those and it fires your flash upon receiving a signal from the transmitter.
The other receiver won't be needed if you only have one flash.

It's compatible with your camera. So, along with my earlier suggestions, you now have three options. My advice would be to do some internet research to determine which method best suits your own requirements.
This is the cheapest - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3804173471...84.m1497.l2648
But Gary's suggestion is probably a better option. I don't know about that because I haven't used one but he is much more experienced than I am.

Hey the link isn't working it says:
This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.

Could you give me another one please?
Thanks for the help

Hey the link isn't working it says:
This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.

Could you give me another one please?
Thanks for the help

Just search for yongnuo rf602 Nikon on eBay.

Or you could get the rf603 - these are newer models where the receiver (attach to flash) and transmitter (attach to camera) are the same - the rf602 has separate transmitter and receivers

Back