How do i enlarge & save it in DPP ??

Name
Paddy
Edit My Images
No
I've been trying to enlarge & save a pic of the moon on DPP. I click x200 zoom but i cannot find any opion to save this? everytime i open the saved pic it's original size.

I think you need to crop rather than zoom...

I'm sure someone who knows more about DPP will be along shortly to confirm that though.

Yes you need to crop to the photo to the image you want to show, then convert and save.

Right, I've tried using the trimming option but this don't do it. It will crop yes but i still cannot enlarge & save the enlargement. I've looked in the trouble shooting & can't find any reference to this?

DPP wont enlarge images. You can only crop. If you need to enlarge the picture you'll then need to convert it to a file format you can use in Photoshop or Paintshop etc and resize it there.

Of course it doesn't mean you'll end up with a decent picture at the end of it unles it was a good sharp image to begin with.

a ha, thanks AndyB, So i need to get photoshop. Well i'm just experimenting & learning at present & it's just a moon snap shot which i personaly quite like.

You dont need Photoshop necessarily. You shoudl be able to get PS Elements or Paintshop pro for a more sensible price and they will both do it for you.

Good luck

I've been trying a trial version of photoshop & i still cannot enlarge?? I have no idea how to resize an image for uploading either. I'm getting frustrated with all this.

DPP wont enlarge images. You can only crop. If you need to enlarge the picture you'll then need to convert it to a file format you can use in Photoshop or Paintshop etc and resize it there.

Of course it doesn't mean you'll end up with a decent picture at the end of it unles it was a good sharp image to begin with.

You can enlarge/resize in DPP, when you go to convert and save, there is the option to resize, just type in the size you want and it will enlarge/resize.

As said you do need a decent image in the first place.

Original image
IMG_1780.jpg

Crop/trimmed in DPP with a crop size of 600 X 400 the saved and resized to 1024 X 683 No sharpening and nothing else done

IMG_1780-crop.jpg

Oh of course - my mistake. I was thinking in the same direction as the OP in that he want's to enlarge on screen and save the result. But yes, by converting it can be resized that way.

Thanks for reminding me

Back