How do I find out shutter count for my 5Dii?

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
I tried http://eoscount.com/ but it doesn't work in Chrome, IE or Safari !!! (I have a mac)

Any other way to find out the shutter count of my camera?

I am only doing this as I plan to sell my 5Dii and potential buyers will no doubt like to know :)

Will it not work for FireFox? I know they still support Mac. Maybe try Opera too. I just clicked the link and supposedly it only works with IE, have you tried the latest version for Mac?

Another way is by using MagicLantern. ML tells me my 50D has racked up 36,000 shots in the three years I've owned it since new.

eoscount needs active X which is windows only, so no matter what browser it'll never work on a mac.

Got it, thanks guys, 75,182.

Not bad after over 30 weddings, 5 musicals, 4 holidays :)

Still have half its life left :)

i always used this site astrojargon.net it says its for the 40d but it works with the 5d2 no worry

its a bit of software you download to your computer, run open the software and put the 5d2 to the first on not dial and hit get count and it shows up to the right of that button

just done mine 25442

easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Works with my 5dmkii but not the 7D - camera age I suspect. It only takes 5 minutes in total.

i always used this site astrojargon.net it says its for the 40d but it works with the 5d2 no worry

its a bit of software you download to your computer, run open the software and put the 5d2 to the first on not dial and hit get count and it shows up to the right of that button

just done mine 25442

easy

Flickr exif under actions gives the actuations doesn't it?

exif, actions just has my name besides it...

You would think this would be basic thing available to all cameras!

Back