How do I get rid of AVG antivirus ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got any suggestions ?
Mu Mum has downloaded Avast on my recommendation and now wants to get rid of AVG.
However, it isn't as simple as uninstalling the program as that doesn't work !
I am not there so cannot explain exactly what is happening, and she is too old to be able to explain (I clicked on the thingie and it said something or other etc etc) but if there is an easy way to do it then any help would be much appreciated.
Apparently it seemed easy on her desktop but there is a window that tells her she cannot uninstall while the program is in use despite it not being used as far as I can tell.

Anyone brave enough to offer some help in very simple words that I can pass on to her ?
Thanks !

I have no idea whether this will work, but if she gives it the three fingered salute (Ctrl-Alt-Del) can she stop the AVG process manually?

Then try to uninstall.

If you can't do it from start, programs, AVG uninstall
try this
#1 right click on AVG icon that it near the clock on the bottom right and click "exit"
#2 start, control panel, uninstall a program and click on AVG

Start, programs AVG uninstall doesn't work, but I'll pass on all your help and see how it goes - many thanks for taking the time to reply !

It could be as simple as the program needing to be closed down first which even Mum may be able to do !
However, the AVG uninstaller looks even better !

get her to install teamviewer or log me in rescue, then you can do it for her from your house (reduces a lot of stress)

Dale - thanks for the suggestion, but it now looks like I'll be up with her in a few days so will do it while there - not sure she would like me accessing her pc from afar, though it might be fun as I could really mess it up for her.....!!

Back