How do i stop spudgies attacking the window

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Odd question

I have noticed a number of birds recently attacking themselves in my lounge window. Couple of Spudgies and a Robin so far. Found a dead spudgie yesterday:( by the window.
Any idea's as to how I can stop them as i don't want any more dead ones :shrug:

Thanks

picture of a cat in the window

Gotta be worth a try
I think I have some Cat Silhouettes somewhere for the garden, will try it.

Odd thing is never had this before replacing the window's, perhaps the new ones are more reflective :shrug:

Don't clean your windows then they won't be able to see their reflection.

:D

I had exactly the same thing on my car! They would sit on the wipers and the door mouldings attacking the glass non stop.... (And pooping all over it in the process)

Then, they just stopped, presumably because their babies had fledged so the reflections were no longer an issue?

I also had this problem which was caused by the birds sudden departure escaping the clutches of a hawk, I had so many deaths that I was forced to attach black tape to the glass.
The hawk has now found better hunting grounds but had it persisted I was going to lead strip the windows.

I had exactly the same thing on my car! They would sit on the wipers and the door mouldings attacking the glass non stop.... (And pooping all over it in the process)

Then, they just stopped, presumably because their babies had fledged so the reflections were no longer an issue?

I had a pair of pied wagtails making a hell of mess of our cars with poop and scratching the roof rails and wing mirrors in the process, I love birds and animals but I was forced to "discourage" them.

Put me the other side of it with a camera they will not come near it :LOL:

I would do as the others have said and reduce the glare from it, if there is a particular time of day they are doing it either something in the window or a patio umbrella to block the sun when it reaches the point that causes the glare.

Thanks all

Will give this some thought and try a few things, keeping curtains closed for now seems to have worked (y)

Bloomin spudgie woke me up at 4.50 this morning attacking the bedroom window, Daft buggers :bang:

Robin STOP sellotaping bread crumbs to the inside of the window! its not big and its not clever :D

If they are just hammering on the windows rather than flying into them, this will be a territorial act, ( attacking their reflection as if it were a competitor) after all breeding season is well under way now.

You could try sticking "preditor eyes" to the inside ie reflective blank CD's with a yellow center or just "make" yourself a few pairs of faily large eyes that look like hawk or owl eyes this should deter them

If they are flying full steam into the windows try making a few hawk / falcon shillouttes ( Sp?) and sticking these to the windows
HTH

Robin STOP sellotaping bread crumbs to the inside of the window! its not big and its not clever :D

Sorry, been found out!!
:LOL:

If they are just hammering on the windows rather than flying into them, this will be a territorial act, ( attacking their reflection as if it were a competitor) after all breeding season is well under way now.

You could try sticking "preditor eyes" to the inside ie reflective blank CD's with a yellow center or just "make" yourself a few pairs of faily large eyes that look like hawk or owl eyes this should deter them

If they are flying full steam into the windows try making a few hawk / falcon shillouttes ( Sp?) and sticking these to the windows
HTH

Deffo just hammering on the windows, will have a go with eyes and cat thingys see if it works
Hopefully not get any more dead uns :shrug:

Sit in the garden with a Holland & Holland and a glass of single malt...pick them off one by one...they'll get the message soon enough...

You could always go to the extreme, and remove the glass:nuts:

i havnt got an h and h , but will an o/u baikal do the trick ?

At a pinch use a .455 Webley Service Revolver...pink mist and feathers...lol

Back