How do I ?

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure what to put in the title sorry .
I am planning on a holiday trip in my camper van later this year , Taking my photography gear
What do I need to be able to post on line images when I won't be connected to my broadband.
I have a iPad and a Huawei P30 lite

WARNING I am a complete numpty with these sort of things.:po_O

When I’m out and about I use my iPhone to create a personal hot spot. Then I use the phone as my broadband provider.

Go to settings on your iPad, Wi Fi and tap once. The iPad will automatically search for the network in My Networks. Which will be your phone and tap on that.

When I’m out and about I use my iPhone to create a personal hot spot. Then I use the phone as my broadband provider.

Go to settings on your iPad, Wi Fi and tap once. The iPad will automatically search for the network in My Networks. Which will be your phone and tap on that.

This is correct

I think this is called "Tethering" - I`m happy to be corrected

So basicially you are using your phones network and are therefore you`re asking your iPad to connect to the internet by using your phone , the thing to bear in mind is that you will be using your phones data , I`ve done this before in the past , my mobile provider is O2 with a monthly plan of 25gig of data , I tehter my laptop Via the phone to connect to the internet , the longer you`re connected to the internet the more data you use however if you only have a small amout of data you will use this up pretty quick..

@allen , do you know how much data you have per month on your mobile contract ?

If you`ve any more questions dont be afraid to ask as there are a lot of very helpful guys on here - I`m a numpty too when it comes to these matters I`ve learned as I`ve gone along

Coho - Blue

Not sure what to put in the title sorry .
I am planning on a holiday trip in my camper van later this year , Taking my photography gear
What do I need to be able to post on line images when I won't be connected to my broadband.
I have a iPad and a Huawei P30 lite

WARNING I am a complete numpty with these sort of things.:po_O
Simple solution: get camera makers app that should have solution for uploading small number of images to your phone. Then share from there.

Medium: I would suggest a card reader to get the images onto the ipad for culling and basic edits. A usb SSD to backup after the culling. I like Affinity Photo for the edits but I think lightroom is the more common solution. Share by:
- connect SSD to phone or
- setting up phone as hotspot for your ipad to access web or
- find a wi-fi someplace or
- use a cellular iPad

I‘m working on an iPad app that can do culling and naming (
View: https://youtu.be/7aK6FY6M-wQ
) that I currently don’t plan to charge for. I’m ready for testers to try it out before I put it in the store so should be ready by then if people don’t want too many changes.

Whatever you do seeing the images large on the iPad each day is great.

…Gary

Looks like I am lost already, As said I have a Huawei P30 lite , On a O2 sim only unlimited calls and texts , I will have a look now and see if I can find out re the data.

Gary , Your app looks good , I will need to view it several times for it to sink in .

Looks like I am lost already, As said I have a Huawei P30 lite , On a O2 sim only unlimited calls and texts , I will have a look now and see if I can find out re the data.
Do local coffee shops etc where you’re going have free wi-fi? Traveling with someone that has a data plan?

I`m not sure which part of the UK you`re in but here in N.Ireland i am on a O2 sim only contract with unlimited Text and calls (which is pretty standard nowadays) however it also includes 25 gig of data , that plan costs £20 per month ... I`ve been with O2 for many many years , they are always easy to deal with and will often offer upgraded contracts at NO extra cost in order to keep you as a customer .. Example of that is , I was only on 10 gig of data for £18 per month and I asked if there were any Free upgrades and they decided to increase my data to 15 gig for free ,However , for a £2 difference I decided to pay £20 per month for 25 gig of data which suits my need perfectly ..

Coho - Blue

OK thanks , I will go into the O2 shop in town as I spent 1/2 hour trying to find out what my contract is using my O2 , bloody useless, OR maybe it is ME

If you've got an o2 phone it'll work on giffgaff (same network) a £10 pay as you go sim card gets you 20gb data, £20 gets you a 100gb data. just swop them over for the data transfer. Then bin it after the holiday and you no longer need it.

I`m not sure which part of the UK you`re in but here in N.Ireland i am on a O2 sim only contract with unlimited Text and calls (which is pretty standard nowadays) however it also includes 25 gig of data , that plan costs £20 per month ... I`ve been with O2 for many many years , they are always easy to deal with and will often offer upgraded contracts at NO extra cost in order to keep you as a customer .. Example of that is , I was only on 10 gig of data for £18 per month and I asked if there were any Free upgrades and they decided to increase my data to 15 gig for free ,However , for a £2 difference I decided to pay £20 per month for 25 gig of data which suits my need perfectly ..

Coho - Blue
My last O2 monthly payment was £7.85

If you've got an o2 phone it'll work on giffgaff (same network) a £10 pay as you go sim card gets you 20gb data, £20 gets you a 100gb data. just swop them over for the data transfer. Then bin it after the holiday and you no longer need it.
Numpty question comming up :- How many images would be covered with 100gb of data ?

Numpty question comming up :- How many images would be covered with 100gb of data ?

100,000 1meg images, 10,000 10meg images, 2000 50meg images etc.

However be aware that any website you view before uploading will use data, any movies you watch, and especially any updates or anything else you download will use up data. So if you're traveling and the phone or iPad update the OS or applications that will use up sometimes quite a lot of data. With 100GB you should be absolutely fine, but with say 10GB more care is required.

Back