How do you carry camera gear on motorcycle

I'd use the neck strap, then, If you're riding along and see something interesting, you don't have to stop and rummage through your camera bag.

What a daft suggestion!

You would have to stop anyway to take the picture and with a camera dangling around your neck when you are riding is a recipe for a crash.

Nice setup I ride a R1200GS and have been riding for over 40 years. I ride not to fall off but you are unable to control tin cans and drivers inside them hence try not to carry anything on my back. I do like your idea about using the pillion seat. I will see how it will work for me
Thank you all for your suggestions

I was not thinking about falling off. I was on the Grossglockner Hoch Alpen Strasse (8000 feet high in Austria when I stopped and popped the bike on the side-stand. The road then gave way because the sub-strata had been washed away with melt water in the spring. Fortunately 2 Swedish motorcyclists were near by to give me a hand to get it upright again.

What a daft suggestion!

You would have to stop anyway to take the picture and with a camera dangling around your neck when you are riding is a recipe for a crash.
Did I for get the [{lol smiley face emoticon]} ?

yes it was a serious post. There have been many previous sensible suggestions by photographers who are also motorcyclists, but I would suggest you have little idea of riding a motorcycle and the control of the same needed to remain safe without having a camera dangling around you neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it was a serious post. There have been many previous sensible suggestions by photographers who are also motorcyclists, but I would suggest you have little idea of riding a motorcycle and the control of the same needed to remain safe without having a camera dangling around you neck.
Well, as far as I know, there are no rules saying members cannot post light hearted comments.
It is a shame you couldn't recognise a failed attempt at humour.

Back