How do you carry yours?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Heavyweight Tripod.

I have a manfrotto 055XPROB tripod with a 322RC2 head.
Now I do a lot of walking and im looking for options of carrying it comfortably.(is it possible to carry a heavy tripod comfortably :thinking:).
I use a Tamrac adventure 9 rucksack for camera equipment and thinking of purchasing a shoulder strap for the tripod.
Manfrotto sell a shoulder strap £40. that stays strapped to the tripod.
They also sell a shoulder bag £40. but it seems more hassle taking it in and out of a bag.
Has anyone used one of these shoulder straps?

401N.jpg

I just use the bag TBH The shoulder strap looks a "cool" idea but I doubt that there is any less hassle unclipping it from that than extracting from a bag?
I have the Mag Fiber version and same head, there are a couple of "loops" to clip a "rifle sling" to, (I guess you have the same?) if you don't mind carring it "naked"

When carrying it on the Underground, you feel like you are living dangerously because people look at you wondering if there is an AK47 in the bag.... :LOL:

Nah ... :cautious: ... you're just a suspicious looking character Joe ... :naughty:

I usually use a simple shoulder strap that stays on the 'pod ... :shrug:

:p

I had my 190 for 15 years and finally bought a shoulder strap this year. Why I didn't buy one sooner i have no idea as they are simple and effective.

I have the very same combination of 'pod and head, and as a temporary measure, when lugging it, attach a strap from a holdall, with built in slide shoulderpad, to it, using the lugs cobra mentions. Its still damn heavy though, and I have smacked myself in the side of the head with it once or twice too :bonk:. You can buy bags without the manfrotto branding for about £23 from camera shops.

To make it a little more comfortable carry it with the heaviest end at the bottom. Keep the centre of gravity low.

If I take my bag, Tamrac 8, i attach it to that, if not I use the shoulder sling, its comfy enough.

I attach it to the back of my bags, usually with some bungee (as they aren't camera bags). It takes a couple of minutes to take it off but it's a damn sight better than carrying it seperately. :)

Thanks for all the ideas everyone (y)

Apparently this padded strap stays attached to 1 leg of the tripod.
You just take it off your shoulder undo 2 straps holding the legs together and use.
When finished fold legs together, do the 2 straps up and sling it on your shoulder.

bogenimaging401n-f1.jpg

Still thinking on it. :thinking:

Might end up cutting the strap off my mates golf bag :LOL:

I have the same tripod and use the padded neoprene OpTech strap which stays attached to the tripod, using the swivel hook at the base of the centre column. Makes it SO much easier and more comfortable to carry. I also have the smaller 190XPROB tripod; without the swivel hook the appropriate strap is not as comfy, so I bought a tripod bag for it, but having tried it, I think I'll be sticking to the strap for that one as well.

Cathy

I have a 190, bought for it's reasonably light weight and it fits on the back of my Lowepro mini trekker without too much of a problem.

I have the same tripod and use the padded neoprene OpTech strap which stays attached to the tripod, using the swivel hook at the base of the centre column.

Strange :thinking: mine doesnt have a swivel hook at the base of the centre column :shrug:

The OpTech tripod strap is a lot cheaper than the manfrotto strap........
## rushes off to do some research ##

Hi

Just checked, and mine's actually the 055ProB, not the 055XProB - but I wouldn't that thought that would make a difference though. I can thoroughly recommend the OpTech straps - for cameras as well as tripods.

Cathy

Back