Name
Emma
Edit My Images
No
I'm considering printing some of my photographs to sell... I live in the UK. I'm not sure how to go about selling them; is it best to sell them in cardboard frames or wooden frames, what sizes to print... Where are the best places to get these from (cheap preferably)... Any advice?

I was also wondering if anyone knew of any cheap places I could print off my photos as greetings cards in the UK to then sell? Thank you.

What sort of photography is an important bit of info as different photogrpahy sells...well.. differently :)

Firstly, :plus1: with @KIPAX

I'm considering printing some of my photographs to sell... I live in the UK. I'm not sure how to go about selling them; is it best to sell them in cardboard frames or wooden frames, what sizes to print... Where are the best places to get these from (cheap preferably)... Any advice?

I was also wondering if anyone knew of any cheap places I could print off my photos as greetings cards in the UK to then sell? Thank you.

In regard to the last paragraph re: greetings cards.

I found one place that IMO looked right for 'budget worthy' as at the cost price there was a decent margin to be made :)

www.digitalcolourservices.co.uk

I initially bought their proof print order and then immediately bought the 100 off with 4 types. As far as I am concerned the quality is excellent and has a perceived good value ~ especially as envelope & cello bag supplied at the same time.

Lastly(?), I have only ever sold in shared space exhibition galleries.
Mixed bag of experience but suffice to say framed prints, mounted(not framed) prints & the above mentioned greetings cards have all sold in varying numbers. NB though total count of cards on an exhibition to exhibition sales have exceeded print sales.

There are lots of ways to package photos to sell but probably the most suitable for everybody is mounted but not framed, everybody will want a frame that matches their decor.

Selling physical prints then you would ideally make up a decent batch and attend craft fairs etc.

Another way, that takes all the printing etc out of your hands is to upload your images on a "print on demand" site. How well you do there will really depend on you putting a lot of work in to promote your portfolio and use of social media.

If admin say I am allowed to I will share details of sites I use, don't want to go upsetting anybody

mounted but not framed

Surely the customer can have it mounted by their framer at the same time. It probably looks better in art fair or gallery, but for postage I'm not sure I see the need?

Surely the customer can have it mounted by their framer at the same time. It probably looks better in art fair or gallery, but for postage I'm not sure I see the need?
It's purely for display purposes, and there is every chance a buyer may choose to use a different mount colour. I would always chose to cut the display mount to a readily available frame size to make it easy for a buyer to just buy a frame to drop the whole thing into.

Back