How far/long do you travel for work

I work from home but I'm a 'mobile' engineer covering basically anything North of Perth so I do about 2500 miles a month.

I'd rather be stuck in a traffic jam than commute by train.

Me too! While I wouldn't go out of my way to find traffic jams to sit in, being comfortably ensconced in a leather armchair in a heated cabin isn't a real hardship!

I recently gook a pay cut to be closer to home. I live about half a mile from where I work, it's great :)

You arent Jeremy clarkson are you ?

I'm starting a new job in January which adds 3 mins to my current commute and takes it to 27 mins. The plus side is that it's all A roads, not a dual carriageway to be seen.

The down side is that I'm going from working for a local authority where you can drive from one side to the other in 15 mins to one that takes 90 mins to drive across (the job entails some travel during the working day - hot desking is the future apparently).

2:15 is a good trip, worst was a Friday in October that took me 4:45 to get home courtesy of the A34 being closed. Southampton to Milton Keynes...:eek:

Just a query, am interested in what people think is an acceptable daily commute, i am going for a second interview next week at a job i really want, but its 50 miles away in manchester, the distance is only 50 miles,, but its the M62 and who knows how long that can be some mornings
Good luck with that one, we have a fleet of 12 wagons who head along the M62 every single day from Jct 26 travelling to the Manchester area and beyond, an allocated timeframe of between 50 mins to 100 mins dependant on destination can take anything up to 3 hrs plus

Back