How Hill Norfolk

lee

Edit My Images
Yes
I have found a new appreciation for landscape photography having been on a workshop last night, it was just so relaxing... oh and I was bloody lucky to be presented with a glorious sun set, not sure if these couple do it justice, but thought I would share them with you for c&c

How-hillDSC_0021-1.jpg

How-hillDSC_0039-1.jpg

Thanks Lee :)

Not too sure about the composition in #2 - maybe less water at the bottom or less sky at the top but I like the scene and the exposure.

First one isn't dark enough to be a silhouette so it ends up looking under exposed.

I like shot #2, if you do crop please retain the star, not sure if it's the Dog star or North star, but keep it in. The sail points directly at it.

Not too sure about the composition in #2 - maybe less water at the bottom or less sky at the top but I like the scene and the exposure.

First one isn't dark enough to be a silhouette so it ends up looking under exposed.

Thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean, have plenty that are in full silhouette, but liked the sky on this one.

With regards the second I did wonder if the land was to central on the shot, but wasn't sure hence showing as taken.

Thanks (y)

I like shot #2, if you do crop please retain the star, not sure if it's the Dog star or North star, but keep it in. The sail points directly at it.

I was told it was Venus, and was trying to link it with the mill, so will definitely be keeping it :)

Thanks for your comment :)

Very nice Lee. Love the colours in both. The reflection of the Mill and Venus high above adds to it.

At that point in the evening, with the sky still so bright, it's Venus, Sirius the Dog Star is low in the east early evening, and the North Star will be on your right shoulder and not visible yet.

Nice shots. Did you use a tripod?

Yep, like them both! But forget the pics... :D

What was this workshop? Something local? How did you find out about it?

I wondered about that 68lbs!!! especially if it was close by.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and advice everyone much appreciated.

Nice shots. Did you use a tripod?

Yes, only had a very basic one but a must for this type of shot with a longer exposure.

Yep, like them both! But forget the pics... :D

What was this workshop? Something local? How did you find out about it?

I wondered about that 68lbs!!! especially if it was close by.

The workshops are organised and run by Chris Herring a local professional, he was a really nice guy and although it was only meant to be a night time "Painting with light" shoot he had us all meet a little earlier to incorporate the sun set.

His website is: www.TheUKlandscape.com and he does loads of workshops and courses in your area. Including a 3 day boating workshop which looks like it might be really good. The only down side for me was the 4 hour car journey.

If you want to know anything else feel free to contact me.

Lee

Not that I saw but it was dark :)

Back