How long do you charge the battery for?

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
I am trying to work out how long I should charge the battery for the 400D. In the manual it just says less than 24 hours which is bugger all help. So how long should I charge it for?

I just charge them until the charger says they are charged really.

With mine, the orange light comes on when charging and goes out when charged. Usually takes a couple of hours. They are Sony, can't really say for Canon, but I should imagine they aren't that different.

Great. I have one charger and two batteries. I need both for Oulton Park tomorrow!!

Stop chatting and get charging :LOL:
They both should be fully charged by tomorrow i would imagine.

I just plug the empty one in and leave it, listen to some music. Come back and it is done (y)

On my 20D charger the light flashes when it is charging and stays constant when it is fully charged.

Pete

yeah you will charge them in no time! do one this evening and put the other one on overnight. Pretty sure they charger stops when they are charged so you don't need to take them out straight after it has finished. In fact I have two sitting on charge from last night.

I read somewhere, that you should give it an extra 1 hour after the fully charged light comes on. I've done that for the longest time and always happy with how long it last.

Brian

On my 20D charger the light flashes when it is charging and stays constant when it is fully charged.

Pete

Same on the 40D, although there's different levels of flashing depending how charged it is.

batteries charge until green or until when i need the camera again!

Back