How long have you had your camera?

I bought a 40D about 2 months ago. Before that I'd had 350D for a couple of years. The previous camera I had was a Zenith EM in the early 70's and a Canon AE1 which I bought in 1977 I think.

I used the AE 1 from then until the 350D.

Can't see why I'd change the 40D 'cos it's a thing of great beauty and it seems to do everything I can imagen I'd ever want a camera to do.

Badger UK - I didn't know you was a Canon man, awesome stuff

The first camera i had was a little camera that used to go straight on to the paper as soon as you pressed the shutter, this was like 7 years ago now i think

It was like a longer shape and the shutter botton used to be the wind up aswell (y)

Then went on to the finepix, and had that about a year and abit

Then went on to the Canon 400D :D

Well I have a fair bit of kit but had the Olympus E3 since April and my OM 4 23+ years :olympus: and still use it.

Other than that a mix 8 mths to 15 years for the rest of it. :wacky:

Oh and :nikon: :LOL:

Badger UK - I didn't know you was a Canon man, awesome stuff

The first camera i had was a little camera that used to go straight on to the paper as soon as you pressed the shutter, this was like 7 years ago now i think

It was like a longer shape and the shutter botton used to be the wind up aswell (y)

Then went on to the finepix, and had that about a year and abit

Then went on to the Canon 400D :D
Oh yes, I've been a Canon man since the 70's. My AE1 has been fantastic over the years and I still have it although it sits unused on the shelf these days.

The FM2 has been in the house for as long as I can remember, I don't think that will ever get upgraded. My EOS 5 I got this year although we had one before, but that got traded in a few years back, I can only see that going if it breaks.

My 20D I've had since the beginning of last year, I will be replacing it when it breaks, or when my "1D fund" has got big enough for my to buy a 1D, although as it is only the money I'm making from photography, that could be a while...

Got my Canon 350D in February last year, then a Canon 40D in August last year. It's been a slippery slope since then :(

Digitally I had my 350D since 2006, bought a 30D while I was travelling in 2007...

Prior to that I had a Canon EOS 50e and an EOS 300 (I think that's what they were!).

:canon:

(although, I love the look of the Nikon D3!:()

Pentax K100D for about 13 Months, looking at upgrading to K10 or K20 depending on the pennies available. :)

I had my D50 for a year, upgraded it to a D80 as my skill grew. A year later, I outgrew the D80, and got a D200 this January. Now I've had my D300 for a month, I think I'm at a comfortable plateau, unless Nikon release a 5D-equivalent FF pro-sumer body ;)

owned D40 a couple of months now and enjoying every time i'm playing with it :D

Bought my 5D in Jan 2007 and my 20D approx 4 years ago. Love them both for different reasons and will only change either when one conks out or I win the lottery and can afford a 1Ds model.

Had my 400D about 2 months now and with a shopping list of lenses, flash, filters, etc I can't see the body changing for a long long time. Having said that, at the moment I wouldn't understand why I should ever need to change the body - it does all I need it to :)

Had my 400D 15 months now, and EOS 3 since ermm, late last year / early this year, I don't remember. I'll be buying a 5D when I find some money as my photography's taken a turn for the serious and the 5D's sensor would be a great help. Plus the need for a 2nd DSLR is growing.

After that I'd upgrade the 400D when funds allowed after investing in another lens and some more flashes (and skyports).

D50 since july 2005 or 6
D200 about 5 months

350d lasted about 5months
30d just sold to a work college lasted just over year.
2x 40d's one 3 weeks old the other is 4 weeks, give or take a week.

Upgrade, hmm not sure maybe to a pair of second hand MK3's if the prices drop low enough.

I bought my Canon 400D/XTI last summer and have been quite pleased so far with it. I would like to upgrade to a 40D or 5D one day, but can't see that being anytime soon! I'm just a poor student on my year out of my Architecture degree. :p

I think I'll probably need to get a 70-200mm, a quick 35/50mm prime and a decent flash to complete my set, before I upgrade the body. No point in spending anymore than that until I master all the other stuff first! :)

I have had my Nikon D70 from when it was first released back in 2004 and there was a huge shortage of them in the UK. Mine was shipped from the States :)

I'll have my D70 until it packs in and dies on me as it does everything I need it to - I can't see me outgrowing it as even now I'm still learning all its different functions.

Back