How low can you go?

1/4th?! Exposure is fantastic as well, even on overcast days it's often way too bright to drop below 1/15.

Amazing, there is only one trackday left at Combe this year so I need to have a go at this, can't sit around waiting till March!

3045054367_5747307ff4_o.jpg

1/40th at 110mm

Steve

1/30th

depending on what browser you are using, you can download an EXIF reader plug in (i'm using firefox, but its built into safari) then you can find out all the data you need from everyones shots (inc your own LOL)

You can do it in PS too can't you?

1/4 sec. I must try and improve my panning :)

Something pretty special about that image, it works when it probably shouldn't. Under the wonderfully surreal blur there appears to be some sharp elements to the car as well. The sort of Motorsport shot I would consider putting on my wall, bravo :)

I'm pretty happy with this at 1/30th:

Well it's time for my second shot to go into this thread (the first being a very successful 1/20th on the first page of this thread :D)

This one is from Kershope Forest, during the Scottish Border Hill Rally. It's only 1/50th this time, and it's not really that sharp, but it's still quite a pleasing shot, especially given the subject :D

bordersrally08.jpg

haha, 1st rule of photography, nothing is done by accident or fluke.... you planned it all to the last detail... its the excuse i use anyway lol. Even if it says Auto in the Exif data :D.
Great sense of action, tire smoke is always good,

I have another event this coming Saturday, I'm hoping for decent lighting and to try and actually understand the settings rather than just hoping for the best :D

Problem last time was I took over 1000 photos, but most were crap, yet they looked good on the tiny screen! :(

Also focusing and aperture does affect the outcome. But generally practice. My hit rate or getting a sharp photo at 1/40th or faster is maybe 80%, lower than that maybe 30%. You do end up with lots of rubbish, dont try and deleted them from the card just keep shooting and mass deleted on the pc later.

Also, your colour is so much richer in your picture than mine, do you do alot of photoshop editing? Or is that pretty much as the image comes out? I think I was just on auto light setting for that day.

This was my first time putting my camera on M mode so I am not that great yet which is why there is a bit of blur on the bike, Havnt done any editing on it yet.

Dont really know if it counts, but anyway I believe it was at 1/25th and on my D40 with standard lens.

DSC_0152-1.jpg

Last edited:
Too see the speed, I jsut upload to photobucekt then go into image info and it should tell you.

No need to download any of those programmes.

That Mosler is surreal. Really nice.

Its perhaps not the slowest here but shot 1/125 at 300mm with a target around 350 miles per hour, perhaps it adds up ?

Its a filled frame too :-D

Cheers
-Rob

I'll better my 1/30th with this 1/15th:

A bonus point for anyone who guesses the passenger...

Back