How many cameras have you got, and why?

Been through a fair few over the years. At present, all i got is the D800E and a Sony Rx100.

I have 3 camera's:-

Nikon D7000
Fuji X100
iPhone4

I am going to get the Nikon D400 when it arrives and upgrade my iPhone.

Riz :)

I've never sold any camera I've ever bought, so they have slowly built up over the years. These are the ones I can remember. If I've missed any it's because they are tucked away in a cupboard somewhere.

Film

Canon AE-1
Canon A1
Canon T90
Canon EOS-3

Digital

Minolta Dimage X50
Leica D-Lux 5
Canon PowerShot G2
Canon Ixus 105
Canon EOS M
Canon EOS 40D
Canon EOS 5DII

Last edited:
I've got a 5D3 and a 7D for myself and a 650D for the wife at the moment. I'm waiting for the 70D to come out to see what it's like against the 7D. If it's decent I'm sure I'll get one of those and either sell the 7D or give it to the mrs. I've also got a Kodak film camera that used to be my granddads but I'm not even sure what film it takes or if there's any still available for it.

Both the kids have got bridge cameras and we've also got a compact point and shoot and a Dv camcorder to play with as well if I get bored with mine. Just need to cross breed with an octopus to be able to use them all at once.

Last edited:
Bronica SQa ,Mamiya c330s, Canon 50e and my loyal Canon 10d which as soon as I can get off the fence will be retired by a Canon 7d.
I just love cameras ever since my dad loaded up his box brownie with 126 and handed it too me when I was 10 and I photographed a telegraph pole I've been hooked. Lol

My current total is 4.

My main camera is my 5DMKIII, this instantly replaced my 60D

My other DSLR is my old 60D. The only reason I still have this is because when we moved a year or so ago the box and bits and pieces (other than the charger and manual) got lost so I dont think I'd get a good enough price for it at the moment. My son also like to use it occasionally.

Next is my main compact. A Canon S110. Brought a day before my 24-70 so hasn't seen much use. It's been used more as a video camera than a stills camera.

Lastly my old Fuji FD31. Never used but a nice camera that I don't think I'll ever bother selling.

D3 - Just really the dogs danglies. Had it since they were released and it is my favourite camera of all time. Love it. I will probably keep it until it falls apart and it doesn't appear that this will happen anytime soon!

D800 - Fantastic piece of kit and an upgrade to the D3. I also like the smaller size on some occasions.

Panasonic LX3. Bought as a compact and done some really good work with this over the years.

Wista - 45DX in Chery Wood. Hardly use this but love it to bits. Wish I had more time to explore it's full capabilities. Maybe in the future.....

Chris :)

Wista - 45DX in Chery Wood. Hardly use this but love it to bits. Wish I had more time to explore it's full capabilities. Maybe in the future.....

Just went to have a look at what the Wista 45DX looked like with a Google image search as I didn't have clue, because I don't think I have heard of it before, :thinking: and amongst the pictures of the camera were quite a few of a certain type image. :eek: Seems to be the odd landscape, or lots of women in various states of undress. :eek: :LOL:

Not complaining, just didn't expect so many. :LOL:

Just went to have a look at what the Wista 45DX looked like with a Google image search as I didn't have clue, because I don't think I have heard of it before, :thinking: and amongst the pictures of the camera were quite a few of a certain type image. :eek: Seems to be the odd landscape, or lots of women in various states of undress. :eek: :LOL:

Not complaining, just didn't expect so many. :LOL:

My 4x5 is a Tachihara which going by google images only gets used for landscapes. I clearly bought the wrong camera :D

3 for me

Sony a65

Sony a580

Nikon Sure shot

Les :D

Just the 5D III now since selling my 5D II and 7D to fund it :)
Very tempted to get another 7D at some point though going by how much they're going for 2nd hand now!

No hold on I tell a lie...
I've just discovered my very first P&S in the depths of my cupboards - an Olympus Camedia C-220 Zoom...(y)

My history!

Canon 5d MkII: Main camera, amazing camera at that.
SOLDCanon 500D: Taught me everything and more, will always regard that camera as the best one for someone to start off with.
SOLDSony A57: Brilliant camera for the money, I went to full frame and decided to stay Canon.
SOLDMinolta Dynax 7000i. First film camera, awesome.
Pentax Spotmatic F: Awesome little camera, simply manual.
Halina 35x: Horribly hard to use russian thing. Wonderful pictures though.

Ive got just the one d90 haven't got anymore because I dont have the money :)

At one point I had 4 now just the one my trusty D700. I found myelf not using the others as none compared well with the D700 I.Q so got rid.

I still have the childs D60 if need be. :D

Will prob buy a D800 soon.

For some reason I bought a Fujica STX-1N and a Kodak Instamtic today, god knows why. :D So that's me up to 3. :eek:

I had to think long and hard about the Instamatic but in the end decided to part with my hard earned £0.20.

Last edited:
Two canon 300ds with sigma 70-300s mostly fixed to my 3D rig
Nikon D70 with sigma 105 macro
Fuji W3 3D camera
Old Fuji s7000 with a little fungus(was my day out camera)
Two old cheap Olympus c-2000s bought for 3D infra-red but after using once they both fail to recognize the memory card.
Olympus sp-810uz bought to replace the 7000 but the biggest camera mistake i ever made no EVF so quick holiday snaps are not that easy.

As you see i have a use for all my gear (well thats my story and ime sticking to it)

Canon 5D2 for all round photography

Canon 1D3 for sports

Went for a walk in the woods with the kids today - 4 cameras!! Rolleicord (med format film), Nikon F80 (35mm film), Nikon D700 & Fuji X100. Wife thought I was crazy!

8715817920_ac0acac43b_z.jpg

Canon 5D MK III - main body with 24-70mm lens attached
Canon 6D - 2nd body with 70-200mm lens attached
Canon 7D - Back up body

I also want a Fuji x20 as a general walk around camera but that's not going to happen for a while

Haha.. I don't want to sound obnoxious or anything but it sounds funny to have approximately £6,000 of equipment in 5 items but the X20 is a while off. :)

4 but selling my Nikon D300s.

I have an Olympus OM-D for kids shots and general quality photos in a small package. Very impressed with it so far.

Fuji X100 for pure pleasure of use and feeling good about myself :)

Fuji X10 for walkabout with flexibility and a good 'go to' camera for family get togethers, oh and macro at about 1cm.

I've changed from looking for the best technically to wanting great quality with an equal amount of fun and feel good. These cameras do that for me.

I've got one, but I do have 3 out on permanent loan.

300D, 30D with my sister and 60D with my dad. I've not used the 60D for so long after buying the 5Dmk3 I decided to give my dad it.

interesting thread :LOL: i don't even know how many i have, it was in the 30s last time i counted but i think some have gone since then :)

Went for a walk in the woods with the kids today - 4 cameras!! Rolleicord (med format film), Nikon F80 (35mm film), Nikon D700 & Fuji X100. Wife thought I was crazy!

8715817920_ac0acac43b_z.jpg

Five cameras all told! You've got four on your person but someone else is taking the photo so they must have one too. :LOL:

Canon 5D MkII - My full frame and dream-marker.
Fuji X20 - My little sweetheart and cam-in-the-bag.
Fuji Instax Mini 25 - Fun camera to have for fun days.

Canon A3300 IS - Was supposed to be my cam-in-the-bag but didn't quite make the cut. Now belongs to my four-year-old.
Minolta 110 Zoom SLR - My dad gave it to me as a gift of sorts. Never been used by me, though.
Sony DSC W30 - My first ever camera. Now no longer working. I loved it to bits!

Samsung Galaxy Note II - Though not a cam, really, it helped me through my camera-less days.

My history!

SOLDCanon 500D: Taught me everything and more, will always regard that camera as the best one for someone to start off with.

I agree! The Canon 500D was my first DSLR and it taught me all i needed to know at the beginning of it all. It paved the way for my 5D MkII. :)

Emma and I now have 4 DSLRs between us... Why? Because I've not got round to selling two of them!

Emma: Sony a200
Me: Canon 20d, Canon 400d and Canon 60d

More than I need... Currently I have five Canons and two Panasonics (plus a few old digi compacts and a couple of film bodies).

I was reading this thread and noticed comments about what people had owned and then sold and it got me thinking... Worryingly I have owned and then sold (or destroyed in one case) 16 Canon DSLRs, 12 various CSC cameras and over 20 digital compacts (have definitely forgotten some). I think it just proves that I like to upgrade and get new toys and that my search for the ideal lightweight solution still goes on (though the GF5 with power zoom and Oly 45 f1.8 might finally have sorted that).

After more than fifty years of photography, about twenty of them of them in a professional capacity, I have ten cameras.

Last edited:
Back