How many frames do you shoot?

Edit My Images
No
So we have the how many images do you send question with 20-30 being the norm.

How many frames do you normally shoot during a 90 minute match to get those 20-30 frames, I know united kicking Boltons ass and your at the end with Jussi in goal your going to shoot a lot more than if your at the united goal mouth (unfortunatly that happens too many times for me) but an average game 1 or 2 goals how active is your shutter finger to create the 20-30 images you send in?

Totally irelevent but I was at a concert the other night The divine comedy and there were a few togs there and there weren't that many different photos to take with a single guy playing a piano or guitar but they were shoouting all night in burst mode.

Last edited:
Probably 300-400 during a game. I tend to do 2-3 shot bursts. Often I get annoyed with myself for not anticipating a bit of action better, but it's always a learning process.

Shooting more can just give you a bigger headache going through them all, but what if you miss the vital moment etc etc :D.

Probably 300-400 during a game. I tend to do 2-3 shot bursts. Often I get annoyed with myself for not anticipating a bit of action better, but it's always a learning process.

Shooting more can just give you a bigger headache going through them all, but what if you miss the vital moment etc etc :D.

Pretty much the same!

Shot a slip over 500 today though, plenty of Blackpool fan stuff on top of the usual though :)

dohhomersimpsondohh.jpg

Same here near enough, though the pic desk seem to think i should be shooting nearer to 800 frames a game :eek:

I shot 266 on Saturday. Had to send just 12 in to the local papers.

I take as less as possible. I shoot bursts of 3-4 look whats cack and delete straight away.
If theres a good sequence of action i choose the best 1/2 and delete the rest. Never having more that about 40 on my camera at one time.The more things on the card the slower it is to fish through them at half time or end of the game.

I take as less as possible. I shoot bursts of 3-4 look whats cack and delete straight away.
If theres a good sequence of action i choose the best 1/2 and delete the rest. Never having more that about 40 on my camera at one time.The more things on the card the slower it is to fish through them at half time or end of the game.

Interesting way of doing things I guess but I can see why you would do it that way, do you check during quiet periods or immediately after shooting and risk missing action?

Last edited:
yeah, pretty much soon as balls gone down other end, quick look, and delete the naff stuff.

Looks like I shoot more than you all then... But I am shooting for two papers and want to send them 20-30 unique shots each... .. I also do a lot of crowd pics.. I dont wire during the game so its 90 minutes shooting and not missing a thing... 500 on a sat.. but night matches I wire and down to maybe 200 pics

I do 2 shot bursts unless I think theres a good reason and I hate sequence pics.. I choose the best ONE and throw the resta way no matter how good.

Back