How many keepers do you have?

Name
Ben Wall
Edit My Images
Yes
When shooting I'm processing and happy with roughly 1/20 1/30 shots. Is this about normal? What do you think yours is?

Depends what I'm shooting:

Sports - 1 in every 4 gets PPd and then uploaded to the agency for whom I work

Everything else - 1 in 15 get PPd and I am happy with - don't ever end up doing anything with them though! :crying:

1 in 4 is good. Do the agency do any more processing on them or do you do it all?

i've been having a go at motorsport for the last few months, when I started if I got 30 shots out of 500 I was lucky, now it's up to around 20%, still loads of blurry ones though, the superbikes on the straights at oulton were the funniest, front wheel, back wheel, nothing :D

1 in 4 is good. Do the agency do any more processing on them or do you do it all?

I do all PP - usually only slight crop and boost contrast then sharpen. Takes all of 30 seconds really. Then uploaded to the agency who do nothing to it.
It used to be a lot lower, but a lot of practice means that I dont press the shutter unless its within my range and will be worth PPing and uploading.

I shot lots of the same scene with different settings or small adjustments to the composition etc so hard to judge how many are propper keepers as I keep most of the 'just in case' :p also bracket a lot of stuff or shot panoramas so that makes a lot of shots for one keeper :( I normally bin about 20% straight away though at a guess.

When shooting I'm processing and happy with roughly 1/20 1/30 shots. Is this about normal? What do you think yours is?

Think this in film days that 1 a film....
I like to have more then that depending on what I am shooting.
If I am setting up some thing I might take a lot more apart from that I try and keep about 1 in 3 where poss but as I say its all depends on what I am taking

I'm about 1 in 4/5. I was a lot lower (about 1 in 50), but I learnt the values of setting shots up as I wanted. :)

I'd say 1 in 4 when im doing a wedding or portrait.

but

3 out of 100 yesterday for my first go at shooting bmx'ers. GOD they move fast.

If I was shooting film I wouldn't being firing off as many as I do. I'm taking the main benefit on digital and abusing it.

I'm very critical on myself, so probably about 1 in 7-10, but I'm sure that would be lower if someone else was sorting them for me...

On film, I used to reckon on about 2 or 3 good shots per 36 and I reckon I get about the same now I'm shooting difital instead. Recently I've been a bit lax and have way too many un PPed shots waiting for attention!

Back