How much contact information to put on a personal website

What contact data do you have on your website?

• Contact form

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Email address

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Landline phone number

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Mobile phone number

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Address

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Social links

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
I am redoing the contact page on my website and trying to find the balance between privacy and allowing people to contact me...

I'm not a pro or anything, so only home address/landline and if possible would rather not have my email address public etc.

Last edited:
Either use an disposable email address which could be set up to forward to your normal one, or a contact form.

Don't put full address - just state locale - most people don't need to know any more than that.

And links to social media that you want them to see... Facebook has different levels of visibilty from public to friends of friends to friends only.

I will definitely be using a disposable email address, I don't use my actual email address for anything! Also considering a disposable mobile number too.

Good tip on only using locale though.

I will definitely be using a disposable email address, I don't use my actual email address for anything! Also considering a disposable mobile number too.

Good tip on only using locale though.

For a personal website you’re under no obligation to publish a phone number. Why bother unless you wish to ?

If the website is mainly for showing your work, not a lot of contact details will be necessary. For a commercial web site it's rather different. On my website, the contact email form doesn't show my email address but if it did, I would create a specific address for that purpose alone.

Firstly, ask yourself why you want people to be able to contact you if not to sell your services/prints etc.

But if you really do want contact, and not be pestered, then a Contact Form would be my way to go as it gves nothing away but means you should only be contacted by people really bothered to do so

Dave

I used to have a disposable email address for contact. I was not selling anything so it was mainly for individuals to comment or ask about my photographic techniques section. A few perfectly normal responses arrived (probably a few times a year) but I was inundated by spam. I guess I should have forwarded the email via my virginmedia account where the spam would probably have been filtered out. I gave into the spammers in the end and no longer provide any contact link.

Dave

I ended up buying a cheap PAYG phone and put that number on there.

As above if it's personal website.. nothing..

If you are running a business/website charging people for goods and services related to photography whether that be weddings portraits commercial or selling prints over the internet then your full address and any other contact details need to be on it.. so people know where to contact you if they need to return items or goods sold or visit your premises or deliver/serve documents to your proper business address etc..

Back