How much for a gig?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
A workmate took his partner to see Madonna last night. £173 a ticket. £25 for a programme and £30 for a T- Shirt. I know its been a fair few years since I've been to a gig, but surely that is rediculously priced. Not that you'd ever catch me going to a Madonna concert anyway. Can't stand her and never could. Way too cheesey for my tastes. Give me some heavy metal or rock anyday. Still wouldn't pay all that though.

How much??? :eek:
Haven't been to a gig in years but wouldn't pay that for a ticket. Even tickets for the 'Download' festival (previously monsters of rock) were much cheaper than that - and you get to see some top class bands too ;)

Thats extrememly expensive, in fact I've never seen tickets that much - he must have gotten them from ebay or a tout.

Think the Robbie ones I got sue were about £45 each, Red Hot Chilli Peppers were about the same. Programme and T-shirt prices are disgusting though.

Darksaber said:
Thats extrememly expensive, in fact I've never seen tickets that much - he must have gotten them from ebay or a tout.
No he showed us the tickets and it was printed on them inclusive of booking fee. Apparently some of the tickets for the recent Take That reunion minus Robbie were priced at £220.
If the official T-shirts sell for £30, how much do the unofficial ones cost from the traders in the street or don't you get these anymore. "Back in the day", you'd have to pay £5 at the most for an unofficial shirt, roughly the half price of an official one.

My 18 year old brother is heading to Vfestival in a coulple of weeks. Bought the ticket as a present for him and well dint realise it costs that much! hhehe its was like over £150 for a weekend! :thinking: Your basically watching a bunch of ickle ants with guitars/microphones on stage cos your soooo far away? whilst stepping in mud whilst getting all dirty (mud type) and all sorts in a huge feild!

Mind you the atmosphere is sooo good I must admit but does it really need to be that much for a ticket? People say its cheap as you see lots of bands but for fans thats quite a tad expensive imo.

Madonna tbh still has this "pop status" in my opinon, even though she is like over 40 and I give her credit for that. Shes churning out choons that people still enjoy to listen too so that must be good! :)

Ed :)

How much? Thats daylight robbery. No wonder her and Guy Ritchie can afford to sleep in the same house but at opposite ends of the country :D

Wife and I went to see the Osmonds back in February (my very first concert ever), and that was 66 quid for the both of us with booking fees etc inclusive.

wouldnt pay more than £30 for a ticket to a gig. i tend to find ofdficial tshirts to be about £20 and about half that outside, but the shirts arnt as well printed

I went to see ELO a few months back at the winter gardens in Margate,
T shirts £8 (didnt buy one) £18 pre booked tickets
had a great time, you can keep yer so called "superstars"
even had a pint with some of the band after the show,
(well alright, they where at the same bar) lol
Lets see Marge do that.

You would have to PAY ME more than that to watch her.

And people complain of the prices at Stamford Bridge :bang:

Yup. 29 years old, first concert, and I go and see the Osmonds.

And what a bloody good concert it was.
Can't wait till they tour again, we've decided to go again.

Waiting on Meat Loaf doing a UK tour now, so I can fulfill one of my mums lifelong ambitions to see him live. (and mine :D)

Saw Basement Jaxx last summer in the Lloyds building in Bristol for £15. Way top venue!

But it's been banned this year cos of the noise. :(

The madonna tickets a rediculously high, a couple of friends bought tickets around £125 each hoping to sell them on and make a profit, but got stung as everyone else was doing the same thing and selling them on e-bay. Couldn't help but laugh they don't even like her so didn't want to go either. :LOL:

Cost me £30 a ticket to go see MUSE in november, that's quite expensive compared to their past tours.

Marcel said:
Waiting on Meat Loaf doing a UK tour now, so I can fulfill one of my mums lifelong ambitions to see him live. (and mine :D)

Save your money! I took my mum to see him (something she'd always wanted to do :shrug: ) at the start of last year... biggest disappointment ever :( Every song seemed to have a 20 min guitar solo in the middle, and he was getting boos from all over the place. Too much talking and storytelling, and not enough singing - people were heckling and shouting for him to get on with it. Even my mum thought he was crap.

Don't say you weren't warned :razz:

praxis said:
Is Bev Bevan and Mik kaminski still with them?
ELO were my favourite band when I was at school. Seen them twice the Time tour at Wembley Arena and then when they were one of the support bands for Rod Stewart at Wembley Stadium during mid 80's. Only went because ELO were playing. Was it ELO or ELOII you saw both contain various members, is Jeff Lynne touring again. He never really liked playing live but preferred being in the Studio, probably why he's produced so many albums for other artists. Would love to see the 80's line up play again.

minimeeze said:
Save your money! I took my mum to see him (something she'd always wanted to do :shrug: ) at the start of last year... biggest disappointment ever :( Every song seemed to have a 20 min guitar solo in the middle, and he was getting boos from all over the place. Too much talking and storytelling, and not enough singing - people were heckling and shouting for him to get on with it. Even my mum thought he was crap.

Don't say you weren't warned :razz:

I saw Meatloaf on his 20 20 Vision (Blind Before I Stop) Tour in the 80's at Hammersmith Odean. No complaints then. Very Good.

whitewash said:
off to see a finnish band who are ****ing awesome this evening, only costing £3 to get in (6 as ill end up paying for suzie as well) and £10 for a cd, BARGAIN!
Wasn't Lordi, was it? ;)

Last one for me was only £20 notes or so, Zutons in Brizzul. Unless you count liberty x at the balloon fiesta and that was free!

I wonder how much of that madonna ticket price was profit?

I've just discovered The Zutons :D Am loving their new single Valerieeeeeeeeee, Valerieeeeeeeeee..

Back