how much memory

Name
rick
Edit My Images
Yes
As i posted a while back I am doing the 3 days at silverstone this year. as it is my b/day soon I am thinking of asking for some more cf cards I have 3 x 4gb. for those that have done this kind of thing before how many and what size cards do you use. ?

Maybe a good moment to suggest you save a little of your memory budget to pick up one or two SD/SDHC cards for a 1D2 that might appear.

Bob

I have thought of that m8 (y) thinking of maybe 2 x 2 or 4 gig cards for the jpegs.
and thinking 20-30 gig for the raw but dont want to go to mad if not going to use that much.

:)I use 2GB cards and a HD Backup device. While filling the second card I can download the first and then re-use it. Memory capacity no longer a problem!:)

I have 7 x 4gb Cards, shoot RAW + Jpeg fine though, used 3 in one day at Cadwell last year, Think i will use the same at the MotoGP this year aswell so i may asctually run out of space

you can never have enough memory in my eyes

I always carry an Aqua Pixman 80 gig portable storage unit where ever I go.
It was a godsend when I went to Egypt. Just shoot and fill up my memory cards and then plug them into the storage unit, press one button and 30 second later I'm ready to shoot again. Small and handy.(y)

I always carry an Aqua Pixman 80 gig portable storage unit where ever I go.
It was a godsend when I went to Egypt. Just shoot and fill up my memory cards and then plug them into the storage unit, press one button and 30 second later I'm ready to shoot again. Small and handy.(y)

Take it that's a slight exaggeration :) unless you're only using small MB cards.

I considered one of these a while ago. According to their website it takes 8 minutes for 1 gig so that's an hour for an 8 gig card, the battery only lasts for 2 hours.
This is why I never got on in the end

Or its a typo on their website. Does it really only take 30 seconds, and what size card is that

64gb but then I do use 3 bodies and shoot in Raw + large jpeg (y)

Take it that's a slight exaggeration :) unless you're only using small MB cards.

I considered one of these a while ago. According to their website it takes 8 minutes for 1 gig so that's an hour for an 8 gig card, the battery only lasts for 2 hours.
This is why I never got on in the end

Or its a typo on their website. Does it really only take 30 seconds, and what size card is that

I've got a cheap eBay china version which only seems to take a couple of mins for a 1gb card

As i posted a while back I am doing the 3 days at silverstone this year. as it is my b/day soon I am thinking of asking for some more cf cards I have 3 x 4gb. for those that have done this kind of thing before how many and what size cards do you use. ?

Sounds fun. As everyone else has said, as many as you can. Never have too much memory.

I wouldn't buy bigger than 4GB though- don't want all your eggs in one basket should something go wrong. ;)

thanks for all the replys I am thinking of getting another 3/4 4 gig cards. if I stay over I will take my laptop and download them at night.

I have 3x 4gb Extreme III SDHC cards as I find I use space up pretty quickly shooting in RAW.

Back