How much of a shrinking market for actual cameras?

Exactly, using software.

That's not going to help it obtain the initial, incredibly high resolution image needed to crop (re replacing long lenses) from the tiny lens and tiny sensor(s).

It's needs that amazingly high resolution, pin sharp image to start with or otherwise what's the software going to work with?

36 high resolution, almost identical images. All taken from an area larger than a 35mm negative.

Last edited:
Yep, and immediately the creation of a photographic image is tossed into software it then relies on the photographer to have, not just the skills, but more importantly the creative eye to manipulate it.

The eye manifests the brain.

So the photographer of the future has to have a tablet, so there is room for more sensors in the grid pattern across the back. They hold it up pressed to their face to look through the binocular magnifier to view the screen as an immersion 3D viewfinder. And around the tablet is a frame of levers and knobs for the full tactile experience.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I met a young dude (well, his hairstyle is very much that of a young dude) yesterday who is the boyfriend of a young singer I have recorded with. He has recently finished a photography course at uni where they had to learn all the known technologies. He currently has a job photographing stage productions, some quite major and his girlfriend is a drama student at the famous Italia Conti.

I asked him what his favourite camera type was. Without any hesitation whatsoever he said "DSLR" and briefly explained why.

You have only to ask yourself why outdoor professionals use DSLR rather than other systems. Studio photography is a different ball game of course, except perhaps fashion.

As always, it's horses-for-courses and I hope that ALL systems may continue to live on, including smartphones and their future equivalents. DSLR technology isn't standing still anyway!

So the photographer of the future has to have a tablet as there is room for more sensors in a grid pattern across the back. They hold it up pressed to their face to look through the binocular magnifier to view the screen as an immersion 3D viewfinder. And around the tablet is a frame of levers and knobs for the full tactile experience.
But that tablets bigger than any camera presently being produced. Except with a tablet they'll be able to have a bigger sensor array and possibly a bigger lens.

Technology then brings them Full circle :)

Last edited:
Edit.

Yep. Single sensors have physical limitations when it comes to miniaturisation. Which is why a multi lens and sensor array will be used more.
Anyway you'll be doing weddings on a tablet next! ☺
Physics!
Do the calculations, draw the model.

As Jim said, that tablet would make an APSC DSLR look like a toy.

It's all there in the physics, some things simply can't be worked round.

Interestingly, I met a young dude (well, his hairstyle is very much that of a young dude) yesterday who is the boyfriend of a young singer I have recorded with. He has recently finished a photography course at uni where they had to learn all the known technologies. He currently has a job photographing stage productions, some quite major and his girlfriend is a drama student at the famous Italia Conti.

I asked him what his favourite camera type was. Without any hesitation whatsoever he said "DSLR" and briefly explained why.

You have only to ask yourself why outdoor professionals use DSLR rather than other systems. Studio photography is a different ball game of course, except perhaps fashion.

As always, it's horses-for-courses and I hope that ALL systems may continue to live on, including smartphones and their future equivalents. DSLR technology isn't standing still anyway!

It really depends on the professional, many of the top landscape photographer's use mf backs on view cameras, absolutely enormous compared to even a top end DSLR.

It really depends on the professional, many of the top landscape photographer's use mf backs on view cameras, absolutely enormous compared to even a top end DSLR.

....Exactly! DSLR is the minimum for some outdoor professional assignments. I once worked with a pro landscape photographer whose camera was custom built.

Back