how not to do it...

Edit My Images
Yes
i have left this shot(from today) as is, because it shows a problem i keep having with CS2, and its that of enlarging the canvas size after using the transform tool, the thread is in the Tutorial and guides section, meanwhile feel free to comment.

rape.jpg

Interesting shot, and rather well seen. I don't use CS2 much, and I can't check it out for you as the copy I have is installed on a PC which is in bits all over the place. :shrug:

the colours look nothing lke in cs2, look oversaturated to me

Boon said:
i have left this shot(from today) as is, because it shows a problem i keep having with CS2, and its that of enlarging the canvas size after using the transform tool, the thread is in the Tutorial and guides section, meanwhile feel free to comment.
Try flattening the image before adding the new border. It looks like you have cropped right and bottom so when you add the border it brings back previously removed areas.

Flatten the image and then the adding of canvas should be done very lastly. I add it in terms of pixels, relative. The border is then equidistant all round (and the same size too!!!)

if an image on a layer is resized bigger than teh image size, the parts of the image that are out of sight are still there unless you flatten the image or use the crop tool. Its a pain, catches me out all teh time, especially when i move the layer and a hidden piece of image appears like magic:bang:

Boon, elements shows you a 9x9 set of boxes when you want to expand the canvas size, make sure the centre one is blank and surrounded by outward pointing arrows. I'm assuming CS2 is the same.

well i think you got that sorted for me, many thanks, must flatten the image first, works ok now.

here's another, you never did comment on the actual shot, :shrug:

rape2.jpg

i like the original steve, the composition is very nice but the colours do seem a little odd.

Back