How often do you guys cook?

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering, in honesty I've been terrible at taking my share of the cooking but over the last couple of months have made a point of doing the cooking on a saturday night. Really annoys the wife though as I'll find a recipe then add or take out bits depending how I feel. ;)

On the menu tonight is Spicy coconut chicken :stir:

Daily. Except Friday - I don't do Fridays. Wife's work is such that I'm home first so that's it.

Let the wife do it. When I have to cook it's strictly survival cooking. It's no part of a guys' job to do that sort of stuff. Car cleaning, gardening, putting up shelves, locking up at night and playng with new camera gear is quite enough for a chap to have to deal with. :whistling

Everyday, I enjoy it (as long as I don't have to peel spuds!)

dod said:
Really annoys the wife though as I'll find a recipe then add or take out bits depending how I feel. ;)

On the menu tonight is Spicy coconut chicken :stir:

Could be interesting if you take out the chicken this time ;)

My wife loves cooking & is darn good at it....so I do all the DIY (incl decorating) in the house as compensation

I cook every day.
But then it's my job to, I'm a kept man.
I mean house-husband.

I do the kids and house thing, while my wife works, and I will admit I'm as happy as a pig in sh**.

Love cooking too. (Which is borne from a love of food :D).
That, coupled with a kickstart to reduce my 22stone frame of August 04, with healthy eating, I took on a more cookery role, and now cook most family meals...healthily :D

Marcel said:
I do the kids and house thing, while my wife works, and I will admit I'm as happy as a pig in sh**.
Haha, let's swop recipes :D Must admit I enjoy the cooking as well, because I'm only doing it once a week it tends to be something a bit different from the usual routine too :)

1 pig, 1 ounce of sh**.
Big spoon.

Stir.

Oh, you were talking about ....ahh gotcha. :D

i cook for myself as i work till 6 and the wife works evenings, so i cook for myself, but then i trained as a chef at college so its no hardship, though i did hate working as a chef

i used to cook nearly everyday, but unfortunately the mrs has to move 50 miles away for work so i cook for the housemates every night and her on the weekends :)

another big cooking fan here :D

Mine is far too good so I do not try and compete with her :D

Take-away tonight though! and I'm paying :eyesup:

I like cooking and can usually cobble something reasonable together that is different to chips and egg but the mrs is a fantastic cook and loves cooking as well. Due to that it would be a waste if she wasnt allowed free reign in her kitchen. I usually help out and also do the dishes afterwards. Its just the way we like it. :)

The wife does most of our cooking then at weekends I usually take her out for a meal elsewhere and let her have a rest from it.

Other than that I can make good use of our microwave whenever I get hungry through the week.. :beer:

Well, the ungrateful mare :p Announced what we were having and she said she didn't want it as we're going out for an Indial tomorrow night.

Okay, plan B is baked chicken with Garlic and parmesan in a cream/wine sauce. Nope, don't fancy the parmesan.

We had chicken and chips :eyesup:

parmesan is just wrong. anything that smells of vomit when warmed is bad....

Well, don't live with kell (long story) but cook for her often. She is a beautiful, lovely person whom I love very much. But she can't cook for :censored: I live in dread of the days when she says 'do you want to eat at my house tonight' Usually means frozen pizza and chips or over-done steak. :shudders:

Bless her.

Me, I love cooking. Would hate to be a chef even though all my mates say I should be. I'm just not enough of a :censored:

Besides, 15 odd years as a master baker was long enough in the food trade!

gandhi said:
Me, I love cooking. Would hate to be a chef even though all my mates say I should be. I'm just not enough of a :censored

I'm the same, I would like to do it professionally, but wouldn't, if that makes sense.
Too high pressured and stressful for me, I don't like anything like that, and I'm not a shouty confident type by nature anyway..lol

BTW Parmesan is lovely, try the fresh stuff, not the dried stuff in a tub. The dried stuff stinks of sick, fresh parmesan doesnt, it's lovely. I only just found out the difference a couple of months ago after steering clear of it for years because of the sicky smell.

ive got a huge hurdle to get over for parmassan, yuck X100

Parmesan should be grated fresh onto your food - that ready-made stuff is like toe-cheese.
I do lots of curries and chillis, anything involving chopped chicken in various sauces and fat-boy fry-ups as the Mrs can't stand the smell of meat cooking in a frying pan. Also means I get a decent bit of black pudding.

And now that I'm soon to be single again, I'll be doing even more :)

I do a lot of our cooking apart from Sunday lunch...timing is not my strong point. Would love to make a decent chili as mine always turns out crap. I make pretty good stews, broths and curries but can't for the life of me make a good yorkshire pudding, failing miserably at the mixing stage....same with pancakes.

my pancakes are awesome - got the recipe from cousins in the US, so they come out like IHOP pancakes....

commute to london work 12 hours a day and still come home and cook for the family
trouble is i do shifts so they get it when i get up.
good tip here guys, never say "if my dinner anit ready when i finsh work you might as well bugger off and i'll do it"

Back