How Small can a Cello be?

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
I was playing around tonight with a small [less then 2inches high] silver model thing we have. Judging by the size of instrument to player, I am guessing its meant to be a cello, though I suppose it could be a double base or something. I had some cut glass bottles and stuff in the background to create some bokeh. The subject was lit by the on board [my other old flash has now given up entirely and the lencarta heads were way too powerful for this], the background by an SB600 with a mix of gels. Then got busy in CS3 to create a triptych. I dont do enough macro really, should make some time for some more as I love the Sigma 150mm, its the dogs dangly bits and I really don't think I do it any justice. However, see what you think, something a bit different, I hope.

C&C welcome

4056165749_f6f5654221_o.jpg

TFL

edit: of course it would help if I could actually spel cello! Will sort tomorrow :bonk:

The idea is great Yvonne and I love the tryptich with three coloured backgrounds.

If I'm honest, the bokeh is very overpowering with the amount of light spots that have been created. This rather draws my eyes away from the ornament itself.

:)

;) I think I agree, it was really a test to try and get the bokeh, the ornament was something I found small enough to work with that bloody great long lens. Next time I will reduce the amount of 'stuff' in the background producing the effect I think. Thanks Paul (y)

Yv, I think that's really nice. If I was being fussy I'd say the bokeh in the middle (pink)one is a bit too bright and in the right had (yellow) one needs to be not behind the actual figurine. Other than that spot on!

I love the purple background, what gel did you use?

Back