How to capture whats going to be an emotional image

Name
Kellyanne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I've been asked by my dad to take photos of his mate, wife and 18 year old son, which I agreed to, then he tells me the son has terminal cancer that's why they want photos so they can remember him when he's gone, as far as I know he's not got long left, I want to be able to capture some lasting images they will treasure, I have always seem to find photography as a fun time, how can I turn a upsetting thing into something fun for an hour or so? I want to get it perfect for them!

They want a studio set up which I'm taking to them. I know it's going to be hard for them and for me as I'm a very emotional person, if I see someone crying or upset it can set me off!

Any advice on what I can do? I'm sure there going to want upbeat photos? And just pretend everything is perfect for an hour.

I'm sure they enjoy spending time together, just as any family does (well, most families anyway). Don't project your own preconceptions on to them, treat it the same as any other shoot. They deal with the problems in their lives every day, again, just like everyone else does. So they don't need special treatment one way or the other from you.

Just take good photos of them enjoying each other's company and you'll be fine.

Back