How to find out shutter count, please....

RedRobin

Dances With Dogs
Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully I have posted this in the appropriate forum section:

I have pre-ordered a Canon 7D Mark II and will be selling my 70D and so I anticipate that interested buyers will be asking me for a shutter count. How do I find this out, please?

Many Thanks,
Robin

Thanks, Keith (y)

Does this work with all Canons? I know our 5Dii's had a slightly different system to some others when I have checked shutter counts in the past. Very clever way to do it tho!

There is a small download for the 5d's and you just plug a usb in. Worked with ours. :)

I haven't checked shutter count for my 70D using the link yet but will report if it works or not in due course.... Job #432!

It has a list of Canon cameras it definitely works with, can't tell you about the others. It worked fine for me with the D800E anyway. There's probably other ones out there that do more models.

I think that's the one I used to use beforehand ^^

Same thing though, make sure it's an unedited JPEG. The one I posted also does RAW, for cameras it is compatible with

If you have a Mac computer then it's very easy.
Upload the image to the Mac then:

Open the image with the Preview application. Then, from the Tools menu choose Show Inspector. Click on the second column (with the letter 'i" in the circle). Click the Nikon column. Then check the value for the ShutterCount.

Brian

Thanks, Brian - Yes, I have a Mac with OS 10.9.5. But no such thing as a 'Nikon' or any camera brand (I use Canon) in column under '(i)' tab.

Back