NSFW How to fix golfers tan

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
My girlfriend both models and plays golf with me. She's developed this what we call in Thailand a golfers tan where the bits of her body are covered get no sun and the other bits go brown. My question is how do I fix that in Photoshop with a preference of keeping all her skin tones the same as the covered up ones i.e. the lighter skin tone.........thanks in advance?

_NDW197h3-Edit.jpg

well, as a cyclist who goes out for the full day wearing stupid clothes that bring ridiculous tan lines that show in "civilian clothing" or while swimming - I know this isn't what your asking for - ie its not photoshop but there's only one rea solution...

607113011_0_640x640.jpg

Frequency separation & careful blending/painting on the low frequency layer.

edit: IME it's easier and more convincing to darken skin tones rather than lighten them.
edit 2: You could use a targeted curves layer in PS. Double click the highlights eyedropper and select the tones you want to achieve, then click on the tones you want to adjust. Invert the mask and paint in as required.

Last edited:
well, as a cyclist who goes out for the full day wearing stupid clothes that bring ridiculous tan lines that show in "civilian clothing" or while swimming - I know this isn't what your asking for - ie its not photoshop but there's only one rea solution...

View attachment 418053

I found that P20 stains clothing horribly so I switched to Calypso SPF30 which lasts just as well through several immersions and gives me enough protection to not burn my (Celtic type) sensitive skin!

I think you achieved what you wanted, but to me it looks somewhat unnatural, almost as it a fill in flash was used, but not quite like that, can't really explain why it doesn't quite look right.

I agree with the comment "IME it's easier and more convincing to darken skin tones rather than lighten them.", and that way there are two possible alternatives, photoshop and getting the same tan all over.

I am also aware that in many Asian countries, a lighter skin colour is desirable, and sometimes even taken as am indication of social status, don't know about Thailand, don't know if that affects the decision.

To be honest, if I had just seen the photo without the title about the tan, I wouldn't have noticed it as a point that looked wrong.

I think you achieved what you wanted, but to me it looks somewhat unnatural, almost as it a fill in flash was used, but not quite like that, can't really explain why it doesn't quite look right.

I agree with the comment "IME it's easier and more convincing to darken skin tones rather than lighten them.", and that way there are two possible alternatives, photoshop and getting the same tan all over.

I am also aware that in many Asian countries, a lighter skin colour is desirable, and sometimes even taken as am indication of social status, don't know about Thailand, don't know if that affects the decision.

To be honest, if I had just seen the photo without the title about the tan, I wouldn't have noticed it as a point that looked wrong.
Yes Thais are obsessed by the colour of there skin, and I agree 100% my edit just doesn’t look natural…….. I will play around with it some more in PS to see if I can make it look more natural.

Back