How to... iCal to Google Calendar

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Wife uses iPhone, I have a Pixel 3, I'm wondering how you link our calendars together to individually add calendar dates for us both to see as a joint calendar.

Anyone have any clues. We've both downloaded Google calendar app, but to be honest it's crap.

Look for an Android app that supports iCal. Them your wife can share her calendar with you and vice versa.

Hmmmmm....iCal on my Mac(s) works seamlessly with GCal online which syncs to my Android phone. Total 3 way sync. I don't use a shared calendar on GCal but if I did I'd expect it to "just work".

Unless iCal on iOS is radically different from the one on OSX you just add the Google calendar as another calendar and it should show up. You can easily have a his GCal, a hers GCal and a his&hers GCal.

Wife uses iPhone, I have a Pixel 3, I'm wondering how you link our calendars together to individually add calendar dates for us both to see as a joint calendar.

Anyone have any clues. We've both downloaded Google calendar app, but to be honest it's crap.

Any calendar apps you download, no matter what, is never going to be prefect. You may struggle for the time being until you finally managed to get something suitable that would work. You'll have to keep trying different ways until you got something to work.

(That's why I stick to old fashion paper based diary.)

Thanks chaps. Some good food for thought. I'll have a good look over the weekend.

My main calendar is in Microsoft Outlook on my PC. I use a small App called Outlook Google Calendar Synch which synchronises with a Google Calendar in my Google account. I have a Microsoft smart phone, an iPad and a Tesco Hudl all of which snych to the Google Calendar. The iPad is running a version of Outlook. So all of the calendars are synchronised. In my case I set the synch to one way so my PC is the master and all the other align to that. You do not have to do this and can synch in both direction, if you wish. The one thing I do not synch with is my wife's calendar as she insists on using a paper based diary. Not all the colour coding comes across but times/dates etc. are fine.

Dave

Back