how to improve this?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
boat.jpg

i would like to know if there is anything i can do with this? all advice taken gratefully!

It's a very plain shot so there's nothing much except to clean up and brighten up the boat a bit I reckon ?

boat.jpg

i couldnt seem to get any colour in, dead loss?

EosD said:
i couldnt seem to get any colour in, dead loss?

There is very little to work with here, the boat is bland, the sea is bland and the background distracting and uninviting.

I think this is one for the recycle bin personally. :(

IanC_UK said:
Hmmm round 3 of the photoshop competition, imaginitive ways to get rid of the boat ! ;)

Don't you dare give him ideas!!!! :nono:

Thankfully he didn't win so does not get chose :woot:

hehe

its as i thought, scrap job

Over the last couple of years I've changed my attitude on my own pics: I used to think they were all good, and some were better. Now I think that some are not worth the button press, some are ok and a few are good. Every famous photographer takes (or took) plenty of average pictures and their success is generally founded on a) being able to occassionally take a great picture, and b) making sure their reputation wasn't ruined by any duff shots ever coming to light. Henri Cartier Bresson used to burn the negs he considered unworthy.

i was curious to see if there was anything that could be done with this, all the rest i took at the time where binned, a couple of animals ones i posted but looking at them now, maybe i should have binned them too! Saturday was a one shot photo day, and thats that plant thing!

EosD said:
i was curious to see if there was anything that could be done with this, all the rest i took at the time where binned, a couple of animals ones i posted but looking at them now, maybe i should have binned them too! Saturday was a one shot photo day, and thats that plant thing!

Getting one outstanding shot and showing that to the deserved praise and accolade it deserved made Saturdays shooting worthwhile. You have one keeper and probably learned much by the ones that are not worth keeping. Remember what you have learned and use that next time you shoot, then develop the eye in deciding which to show and which to bin as thats what will make your reputation and stand you out from the crowd.

Steve said:
Getting one outstanding shot and showing that to the deserved praise and accolade it deserved made Saturdays shooting worthwhile. You have one keeper and probably learned much by the ones that are not worth keeping. Remember what you have learned and use that next time you shoot, then develop the eye in deciding which to show and which to bin as thats what will make your reputation and stand you out from the crowd.

steve gives up his secret!

Good advice Steve, your quite right, i learned i need a monopod or tripod and although its a sunny day under trees it may as well be bloody midnight:p

It's no secret, I will openly admit to taking many embarrassing pictures that will never see the light of day. :)

Steve said:
It's no secret, I will openly admit to taking many embarrassing pictures that will never see the light of day. :)

unfortunately i dont beleive you!:nunu:

EosD said:
unfortunately i dont beleive you!:nunu:

There are a few people that have seen some of the failures, some in full screen beauty and some on the back of the camera at shoots. Honestly if anyone tells you that they have a 100% hit rate they are complete liars.

Back