How to keep camera steady on the quick-release plate?

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone help here? I really don't know how to make sure my camera cannot rotate on its tripod quick release plate. I can screw it on as tight as I can without breaking the camera, but over time it will still have a tendancy to work loose, particularly if I am trying to shoot in portrait orientation. Are there any tricks I'm missing here or do I just have to remove the camera and tighten it every so often?

The plate has a little pin in it designed to lock in to the hole which is entirely absent from my camera. Do they still make cameras with the hole? I would have thought this was a pretty basic and quite essential feature to have.

Sounds like either the thread on the bolt/inside your camera is knackered or the grip ok the tripod plate has worn away. I can't even turn my camera on the plate if I force it. Depending on make, it might be possible to get a replacement plate. I know the manfrotto ones are around £10

I bought my plate from benro I think, it has some rubber or smth similar to help the grip. Over time it does losen up a bit - noticable when turning vertical, but that much. To avoid this problem you would have to buy QR plates that are made for your camera model - they are expensive!

Hello
Some tripods have “anti twist” plates as accessories for use with long lenses telescopes and the like.
What make is you tripod head and which size plate?

Might be worth trying a new QR plate to see if the rubber anti-slip has degraded with time, I have seen someone use a very thin piece of stick on rubber which has overcome this movement - sorry can't remember whether they stuck it on the QR plate or on the bottom of the camera (y)

Back