How to not get caught with drugs

Garry Edwards

Name
Garry Edwards
Edit My Images
No
One of my sons, a taxi driver, had a pretty serious crash. Both cars were written off.

The other car was flashy, with tinted windows and contained 4 young men. The nearside doors couldn't be opened because of the damage but the offside doors could. Anyway, all 4 claimed to be injured, so the Fire service had to cut the roof off so that they could all be lifted out, making it a pretty major incident.

My son expressed his surprise to the police officer that they had to be cut out of the car, but the police officer had seen it all before and explained...

Well, this always happens with ***** drug dealers. We can't search the car until they've been safely removed, and if we happen to find anything that shouldn't be in the car then we can't prove that they knew anything about it because the firefighters or we could have put them there

hmm sneeky.

surely they could jsut do the same as when they put a criminal in the rear of the police car where they search the car before hand, could they not just search all of the people involved in touching the vehicle/passengers?

Would that defence really stand up in court?! Can't they swab them for drug remains and the firefighters? Would show up rather soon who was telling porkies!

Well, this always happens with ***** drug dealers. We can't search the car until they've been safely removed, and if we happen to find anything that shouldn't be in the car then we can't prove that they knew anything about it because the firefighters or we could have put them there
Which would be the case even if they just got out of the car - they could always say the police put it there...

Would that defence really stand up in court?

Not a chance - nor have I ever known a dealer try it. Despite what happens on TV, real defendants don't usually try "It was the Fuzz fitting me up, Guv!" defence. Life on Mars isn't real anymore.

It depends on the quantity of drugs, of course. If there are only small amounts (a couple of bags, or something) and they turn out not to own the car (many of them are hire vehicles) then it becomes much, much harder.

Swabs are forensically useless in this case, as the suspects wouldn't be denying that they'd had contact with drugs - after all, those evil policemen / firemen dropped them into their vehicle, didn't they?

All that being said, even when I was in uniform I didn't tend to deal with many major car vs car collisions because central London roads aren't very conducive to them, and my borough never had any motorways or A-roads running through it, so I wouldn't have had a chance to see something like this.

I would have welded it shut with them inside.

ooops. Did I say that out loud?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hope your son's not badly hurt Garry (y)

He's not hurt at all. His car's a write off basically because it's a taxi, so has a very high mileage and low value. The other car didn't have all that much damage until the firemen turned it into a convertible. Whether any of the passengers in the other car were actually injured or not isn't known, but they said they were so were taken off to hospital

He's not hurt at all. His car's a write off basically because it's a taxi, so has a very high mileage and low value. The other car didn't have all that much damage until the firemen turned it into a convertible. Whether any of the passengers in the other car were actually injured or not isn't known, but they said they were so were taken off to hospital

Thats good news about your son (y)

Of course it could also be an insurance scam for "personal injury" ;)

Reminds me of a tale (not drugs related) from a few years ago. I came across a rather nice, nearly new Jag in the salvage which was undamaged, except for the fact the roof had been cut off. On enquiring with the salvage yard it transpired that the driver had stopped at the scene of an accident to offer assistance and had helped one of the drivers to his car to have a lie down in the back until the emergency services arrived.

By the time the ambulance turned up the driver from the accident was complaining of neck pains, so the fire brigade had no choice but to chop the roof off the good samaritan's car.....

the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" springs to mind.....

Hope he got good photos of the damage to his car, theirs and who was in the car. There are a lot of insurance scammers out there. They'll all claim to be injured to try and get whiplash and all sorts. Plenty of them also show the assessor a car they go onto damage further to inflate the claim even more.

Not a chance - nor have I ever known a dealer try it. Despite what happens on TV, real defendants don't usually try "It was the Fuzz fitting me up, Guv!" defence. Life on Mars isn't real anymore.

It depends on the quantity of drugs, of course. If there are only small amounts (a couple of bags, or something) and they turn out not to own the car (many of them are hire vehicles) then it becomes much, much harder.

Swabs are forensically useless in this case, as the suspects wouldn't be denying that they'd had contact with drugs - after all, those evil policemen / firemen dropped them into their vehicle, didn't they?

All that being said, even when I was in uniform I didn't tend to deal with many major car vs car collisions because central London roads aren't very conducive to them, and my borough never had any motorways or A-roads running through it, so I wouldn't have had a chance to see something like this.
Well, maybe things have changed since you were in uniform, apparently the officer on the scene said that this sort of thing is common in his area, so presumably either cutting the roof off of a car and all sorts of people getting access to it does weaken the evidence, or the lowlife think it does and the CPS just don't bother to prove them wrong.

Well, maybe things have changed since you were in uniform, apparently the officer on the scene said that this sort of thing is common in his area, so presumably either cutting the roof off of a car and all sorts of people getting access to it does weaken the evidence, or the lowlife think it does and the CPS just don't bother to prove them wrong.

Ha! It wasn't that long ago! :LOL:

I've not heard of it since I've been in the CID either. Someone would have a very hard job convincing the courts if a brick of heroin was found in the boot of the car.

I'd still want my uniform colleagues to bring them in, then let me try & work some magic over the case ;)

Back