How to photograph?

Name
Korin
Edit My Images
No
As they say I"m new here. In my locale is a tree. A willow covered in seed like a cotton wool. It forms a canopy inside which you can stand. The light inside is amazing as the branches covering transmit a glow. Here's the nub the photograph doesn't show this. True I've photographed about midday gone. Its not like mist because the "wool" has i think seed in it. Really the subject is this wool. So how should it be lit? Would it be better early on in day or sunsetish? Cant seem to post a link to pic or pic.

Last edited:
Sounds to me a nice side light from the rising/setting sun would be a good start, the harsh flat daylight will do it no wonders! Try taking a pic in that sort of lighting situation, and upload it here - and we can give advise from there :)

Hmm yes, I would try seeing if it will be lit by the low sunshine at either end of the day, and perhaps find some shapes within the branches that produce a clean shot - pick a bit out of the bigger image as there is alot going on there.

Thanks and this i get. It looks like im on my own with this. Finding the morn and eve i can do, Trying to find a lead to the eye in this morass is a challenge to the composition but hey. But photography is about light odd to give up on it, I agree its probably an experiment.Thanks for your input.

Back