How to remove iPhone images from just one devise!

Edit My Images
Yes
My other half has got a new iPhone7 and is passing on her old iPhone5 to me. The issue is it's full of photos which I want removing, but somebody has said if you delete them from the iPhone5 it would also remove them from the 7.......we are both useless with tech, had a look at google for a answer and got really confused whether it does or doesn't and what to do etc.
So if anybody has done this I would appreciate a step by step guide without endangering me from the other half by deleting her hundreds of images from all devises.

Have you got a laptop? If so: Connect the old phone to a laptop.
Shut down iTunes if it starts up automatically and just treat the phone as an external drive.
Download the images from the old phone to the hard drive.
Delete them from the old phone once you’re sure they’re saved.
You can transfer the saved images to the new phone from the hardrive.

I’m not fully awake yet, but it’s to do with iCloud and sharing an Apple ID. There is something in the settings which allows you to turn it off. My wife and I had the same problem.

Have you got a laptop? If so: Connect the old phone to a laptop.
Shut down iTunes if it starts up automatically and just treat the phone as an external drive.
Download the images from the old phone to the hard drive.
Delete them from the old phone once you’re sure they’re saved.
You can transfer the saved images to the new phone from the hardrive.
We're just about to go out but on my return I will give that a go, many thanks Larry.

Reset the iphone to factory including wiping all data. Then when you put your SIM in it'll be like setting up a new phone.

This.

Sign it out of imessage and icloud then factory reset and create your own apple id.

Yes, agreed. I'd still save the photos from the old phone first though, just in case. If you look on YouTube for "how to do a factory reset on an iPhone" there's plenty of how-to guides.

Many thanks everybody, all the above information now past over to the other half.....wouldn't dare try and do it myself - just in case;)

It’s been hinted at above but it’s the iCloud settings and that depends on you Apple ID. Provided you have your own Apple ID hdifferent from your wife’s) just set the phone up as a new one one sign in with you Apple ID — if you havent got one create one now. The old photos will have disappeared from the phone but still be in your wife’s iCloud.

Back