How to Take Stunning Pictures On TV

Is he using a point and shoot for a wedding?

*prepares for incoming ****-storm*

Disaster - car crash tv!

Great advert for using a pro.

Why couldn't they havr done an 80th birthday party or something similar as a "Celebration". I hope that wedding turns out to have been staged.

Can't believe how unprepared they were, surley they should've visited the venue first to find the best photo locations, never mind actually finding the place! :bang:

I hope there was a pro at this wedding!! :eek:

Same question as last week?

My friend was one of the guests at the staged wedding. Love it when you see a friend on tv.
Other than that, it wasnt that good. But, it is a step forward for our art.
Dean:)

Once again, some useful pointers (for general family events rather than weddings).. but the limitations of the format are becoming too obvious.

I'll still say that one photography show is better than none.. but after 2 shows I'll concede that this series is looking even less useful. I don't think the producers have really stopped to think about what they could realistically achieve.

There is a nugget of a good programme behind it, but it's not living up to the potential.

One thing I did notice tonight, it appears that the competition prize is for the whole series and not one per week.

Miserable so and so's:nono:

One thing I did notice tonight, it appears that the competition prize is for the whole series and not one per week.

Miserable so and so's:nono:

yeah but it does equal £2500! (ish) if they gave that away every show, over the course of the series theyd bankrupt channel 5.

yeah but it does equal £2500! (ish) if they gave that away every show, over the course of the series theyd bankrupt channel 5.

Only if C5 were paying for it and at retail price! Remember who sponsors the show? ;)

Ahh, but the gadget show can manage circa 20 grand per episode.

OK I am going to say not great but as I said last week we are not the target audience, again a good few tips like looking around listening to what's going on. I am sure there are plenty of people who think its great, you only have to search twitter for it to see plenty of people like it.

OK I am going to say not great but as I said last week we are not the target audience, again a good few tips like looking around listening to what's going on. I am sure there are plenty of people who think its great, you only have to search twitter for it to see plenty of people like it.

I agree, BUT it's like Delia Smith telling me to whip, tenderize and marinate without explaining any of those terms when the best I've done in the past is open and microwave a tin of beans....

I can't understand why they tried to tackle being a wedding photographer, surely looking at improving photos as a guest would have made more sense.

I can't understand why they tried to tackle being a wedding photographer, surely looking at improving photos as a guest would have made more sense.

The producers have been over-ambitious for a six show 30 minute slot..

If you took the ideas buried in each show there's enough basic non-technical tips to support longer and better focussed "Photography for non-photographers" workshops. The material that the show is wasting is perfect for doing educational group sessions with children, the WI, seniors, etc - I've started writing up the notes already..

How many episodes are there planned? I only ask as the length of this thread ... already! :nuts:

Six..

.. don't worry.. it's an elastic thread.. plenty of room..

Do you wonder whether this will encourage people to have a go and not bother with booking a wedding tog
after all you can do weddings with a point and shoot:shrug:

obviously joking but it has to be a worry

That was a great 30min ad on why it's worth paying for a good pro.

Missed the ceremony and not even bothered.

Do you wonder whether this will encourage people to have a go and not bother with booking a wedding tog
after all you can do weddings with a point and shoot:shrug:

obviously joking but it has to be a worry

I think tonights show would have convinced anyone that can afford a pro to definitely go with a pro.

I wonder what proportion of all weddings use a pro tog? I imagine there's a significant percentage of the population who simply can't stretch the budget that far even for a wedding.

I think there's a daytime repeat later in the week.

Well I think this show does photography no harm at all. For a start it shows photographers are not bad people, not all paps or weirdos.

I found it quite interesting but I am a lower level amateur photographer who is maybe not worthy of posting in such company...

I just knew the content of this thread before I opened it :LOL:

Don't think I'll bother again with it

Cant believe they were late lol
Late for the wedding? That shot was clearly set up 'for TV'. You don't leave a camera crew at the side of the road as your drive about retuning to the same junction several times. They also had a GPS (and a film crew) so if they really were an hour late and only arrived to get the bride and groom leaving the church it's not really the novice photographers fault.....
Can't believe how unprepared they were, surley they should've visited the venue first to find the best photo locations, never mind actually finding the place! :bang:

I hope there was a pro at this wedding!! :eek:
I thought the 'students' were told (several times) to prepare in advance and look at the location.

Did anyone else spot a view of posed ushers (I think, I'm not watching it again just to check) that one of the students snapped side on? Who posed them? I suspect the 'real' photographer who I think might have been visible in one shot in the reception - you see a glimpse of a person with a large SLR and flash.

I don't think this was these people being the wedding photographers any more than a storyline 'made up for TV' could do. Actually I think the programme did quite well in putting amateurs off being 'the wedding photographer'.

Late for the wedding? That shot was clearly set up 'for TV'. You don't leave a camera crew at the side of the road as your drive about retuning to the same junction several times. They also had a GPS (and a film crew) so if they really were an hour late and only arrived to get the bride and groom leaving the church it's not really the novice photographers fault.....

i would have thought they did that little segment post event?

GPS will only get you so far if the venue is tucked away down a side street.

(not that im defending the bumbling idiots)

i would have thought they did that little segment post event?

GPS will only get you so far if the venue is tucked away down a side street.

(not that im defending the bumbling idiots)
Short of being an appalling amateur production the film crew would need to have been in place sometime before - it's a TV production. It's staged. :puke:

Back