How to test a 2nd hand camera sensor

Edit My Images
No
I just bought a used camera on eBay. its not arrived yet but the camera had been used for video and has a low shutter count.
i had read disputed posts somewhere that the heat caused through video could potentially affect the sensor long term in regards to noise.
I've also seen threads with mention banding and other irregularities caused by the sensor damage.

so my question is how best to test the camera to identify any potential issues.
what type of image or images should i take and how should these be inspected to best ascertain if any issues are present.

I just bought a used camera on eBay. its not arrived yet but the camera had been used for video and has a low shutter count.
i had read disputed posts somewhere that the heat caused through video could potentially affect the sensor long term in regards to noise.
I've also seen threads with mention banding and other irregularities caused by the sensor damage.

so my question is how best to test the camera to identify any potential issues.
what type of image or images should i take and how should these be inspected to best ascertain if any issues are present.
I would imagine take photos on a neutral background, a grey wall or something, across all the aperture and iso ranges and see if anything looks off. But in regards iso you’d probably need example photos to compare, I have no idea if my cameras noise at high iso looks normal or not

I would imagine take photos on a neutral background, a grey wall or something, across all the aperture and iso ranges and see if anything looks off. But in regards iso you’d probably need example photos to compare, I have no idea if my cameras noise at high iso looks normal or not
some review sites post example pics maybe i could compare like that. i just thought maybe there was an optimal way to capture and image showing noise and colour noise, which when edited in a certain way would make the task more definitive.

What camera is it?
there probably is, when I’ve seen iso tests in reviews before they usually compare 2 more different cameras at the same iso.

I'm not a Canon shooter anymore but find it strange that a 1DXII was used as a video camera :thinking:
In my Canon days it was the 5D2 that was hailed as the ultimate video camera in the Canon line up
Things change so quickly in these days of Digi Cams

I'm not a Canon shooter anymore but find it strange that a 1DXII was used as a video camera :thinking:
In my Canon days it was the 5D2 that was hailed as the ultimate video camera in the Canon line up
Things change so quickly in these days of Digi Cams
and now they are all switching to the R5 or R6 for video

Back